What Truly "Antique" Saws Do You Have??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcColluch super 44 a

The oldest one I have is a McColluch super 44 A, isn't running, just got it.

cbfarmall, Is your's running? How does it cut? Do you know where to get bars for them? I gotta fix mine up.:D ;)

I have a reed prentice model 50. I don't know how old it is, the fuel tank and carb pivot on the rear of the saw for felling. I'm fixing it now, I have spark, but need a piston ring. The rings were froze in the piston, had no compression. We freed one ring and broke the other. I'm searching for a ring that will work.

I am not sure when they were made but they seem old? a K100 Poulan and a big ole David Bradley super som'then or other gear drive.

I got an david bradley.....I dont know what year it is but...where can you find out on an david bradley.

The oldest one I got is this old red & white Roper-built Sears, and I haven't been able to find it on Acre's site yet. But I'm guessing it only dates from the early-mid sixties or so. Not 50 years old yet, but in nice shape for it's age.

This is my oldest: 1958 Porter-Cable model 534D, 5.78 cubic inch engine. Very unusual in that the bar is on the LH side of the chainsaw.

I have a !952 IEL Pionier model DA the bar and oil case rotate 360 degrees for falling trees. This was brcause the carbs were float instead of diaphrams. Chain speed is slow but lots of power I sure am glad I dont have to cut all day for aliving at its plus 35 pounds. She purrs like a kitten but doesnt get used much.

Day light comes early in the spruce swamp.

Latest posts

Back