What was in the barn?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callagher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well,

This is a follow-up the "Borrowed Saw" thread.

What was in the barn you ask??:D

It's a oldie for sure...but she runs!

:yoyo:

Crazy scary looking thing, with the oil chamber out in front on the side of the bar...
:blob2:

It's a McCulloch model 35.

The pitch on the chain is huge.

I got the scariest saw on the block!:rockn:

Does it have a bar pitched up at about20-30 degrees? Does it have the old style flying goose logo?I have one myself,it is not running,but has some compression and looks complete enough to run.My elderly neighbor was a Mac dealer in the day and gave it to me for helping to cut some trees for him.:chainsaw:

Heres my 35

Very COOL! And scary thing too. :D

The old sayin' is that they were 'real' men then, hmmmm, I think they just had ta use what ya got, one of those mothers would kill ya sooner than coming home late.
JMHO.

Scarey.

Really.

Me like.

But.

Would I want one? Oh yes! Would I have wanted 'da good ol' days'? Um,
no.

:cheers:

Serge

First saw I ever ran.....

The first chainsaw I ever ran (about 45 years ago) was my dad's Mac 35. As I remember, it had a gear reduction drive. Quite a workhorse!
Take care of that thing and you can pass it along to your grandkids!...still running!
hvy048

Yes it does,and it is for sale in the trading post.I go through a spell for selling saws thinking I will cull the flock a little,than next thing you know,I go out and buy another one.Keeping the saws clean is a military thing from weapons maintanance.After every use they get broke down,checked out,cleaned up,chains touched up,and wiped down for storage.I can do that as a hobby/homeowner style user,but I understand completely that a tree service,for example,with hard use and multiple users,could not possibly maintain that level of care.;)

Keep and restore it. That would be a awesome peice of history to have hanging in the garage. I don't think there are too many saws like that one left complete.

Keep and restore it. That would be a awesome peice of history to have hanging in the garage. I don't think there are too many saws like that one left complete.

There around, I have a complete one also, rare to see one that runs, I have tried to get mine to run but they are different to work on as far as saws go and complicted. You almost have to almost disassemble the whole saw to get at the carb. I quit on the one I have before I even really got started on it as I knew I would be putting in alot of time into the saw and just put it on the shelf just for a conversation piece. Just didn't seem worth the effort for what I would get back out of it.

Larry

chain

Was that mac's old pintail chain on that thing. I bet that would be a SOB to sharpen in the woods, the way the bar is angled. And look he has the 395 in there just so we would look at it. Naw, I'm just messin'.:laugh: :hmm3grin2orange: ;) :D

Thats the room that my wife calls''The chainsaw altar''.It is in the process of being referbbed.I am 3/4 of the way done,and now I am looking for movie posters for Texas Chainsaw Massacre for decoration.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back