What was this chain used for?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
1111151029.jpg 1111151029a.jpg

Saw a friend who owns a boat shop and ope store. Showed me this chain that an older man brought in, told him it couldn't be sharpened. Old fella got mad and left. He came back later and bought a chain after going to other places who wouldn't sharpen it. What do you guys think he was doing with it?

Shea

Apparently the old guy didn't find it to be dull until he actually tried to cut some wood. He was using it to clean out the cracks in his concrete side walk. You can't tell from the pictures very well but the rivets are even ground down on each side closer to the rakers/cutters. This is undisputable proof that THEY have been living amongst us for longer than we would have liked. This one has somehow lived to an older age.

Shea

I would bet it was used for the demo cuts for roofing. Asphalt shingles are hell, my circular saws look like the after cutting through two layers of shingles and the sheeting to take down to rafters or trusses....

Latest posts

Back