What was your very first?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD MAX

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
When I was 9 years old I got to cut a load of wood with a Wright 111 with I think a 10 inch bar I was so tired i could hardly move for 2 days. But I was also hooked 38 years later I am still at it.
By the way I think Wright was a subsidiary of Poulan or was bought by them.
What was your first ?:cool::sword:

My first saw that i bought was a 1977 Echo CS-315 and i still use it today. I just replaced the 34 yo fuel lines in it last week and she still runs like new...Bob

I was around 10 or 11 years old... the saw was a remington mighty-mite. And i still have it. :heart::laugh:

My first saw whas when i was 23 years old, it was a US made POS, Partner formula 55. Had it until this summer, and never let me down.

Mine was a Stihl S10 more years ago than I care to remember. I bought it second hand from a Partner dealer for $20.00. Cut an awful lot of wood with it but it was very hard on the hands.

My first was a Remington SL10A that I bought at an auction for $17.50, I put another $15 into it and got a new chain and still use it today.

Todd

Had always used a Stihl 08S until about 17 yers old and then daddy got the 2094, but the 1st chainsaw i ever bought for myself was when I was about 25, and it was a little homlite, and i cant remember what model. I know i wound up letting my little brother have it.

Around 1978 IIRC, and she was a 031AV, and ran like a champ from day one. Traded her in about three hard years later for the 045AV Super that I just blew up.:cry:

First saw was a Mall that I bought for $5.00 at an auction. Never really used it, but soon bought a Poulan 361 that I cut loads of wood with. I still have both of them.

I was 10-11 yrs old. Got off the church bus one day and dad had dropped the walnut tree by the driveway. I could tell he was wooped. He handed me the little poulan 1800 with no instructions from him except be careful and turned me loose on the top and he went on with the bigger stuff and his 306A. Guess he figured I'd watched him long enough to know what to do.

Anyhow I ran the pizz out of that saw for a few years!:chainsaw:

Homelite Super 2, dad bought when we moved to the country in 1979, I still have it.

In 1962 I got to try this saw in a big cherry tree that had died on my gramps farm, I`ve had a saw in my hands ever since. Pioneer RA.

IMG_1882.jpg

Once, I bucked a little with my dad's 026 when I was in my teens. I was cutting all the way through and running the chain into the dirt each time; he showed me how not to do that. :)

I got a ms210 a couple of years ago...

Back