What would you do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55 bucks a month for health insurance???? I got a quote a few months ago just out of curiosity for when I get out of school. For a 22 year old single male they want somewhere in the area of $230 - $260 a month, every month. I can't wait to get out of college so I can come into some serious bills. :rolleyes:

I dont know about bringing in others on The WC cert if someone got hurt you might get Sued I only use that for me and my wife.

You can get health insurance cheap if you get Major Medical, the type that only pays after a set amount, like $2000.
This is good sense because you can usually muster up a couple thousand dollars if you have to, then your monthly payments stay low. I had some for myself and three kids for around $100/ month.

Depends on how the W/C insurance is writen. I would have it so that I cover any subs that work with me. That's what it is for.

I got the VA Hosp. to use for any problems. The injury happend while working for my company so they never ask about W/C. That is the way it should be.

John i was just talking about The useless certificate that very expensive piece of paper.

Actualy it is not useless. It can cover any part time labor you bring on. It is just that if you work outside the parameters they have writen, they will raise the premium.

John I think you misunderstood The certicate i was Talking about A certicate of WC .You Sign yourself as the only employee and EXClude yourself from any coverage. So basically your Paying for
just the ability to produce the fact you carry WC. The Cert costs Me 750.00 a Yr

yep I did misunderstand, the one I discused without pricing covered any temporary workers I may hire as a sole employee. I was limited to the amount of hours I could work any one individual.

Latest posts

Back