What year is my Stihl 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dans3kgt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Here is the serial number
09010.jpg
and I know it is just a 090 not the av or g and it has the six piece clutch. By the way I have 6 brand new clutch shoes in the packs that I dont need . If anyone is in need of them let me know I would like 85.00 shipped for them. There 24.00 each at my local Stihl dealer.

Thanks

Dan

You lucky dog:) I made a deal with the seller of this saw on CL about 9AM yesterday morning and was to pick it up after work. I'm assuming you gave him more than $600. BTW, I don't believe the SN will date the saw for you.

If i am not mistaken 1106 791 7601 is not a serial number, rather the part number for the support for the back handle.

Cant pin down an exact year, but My tech reference shows the 090 being produced from 1968 thru 1977. I would say yours is from the mid- seventies

Ok thanks I thought that was the serial number. Brad sorry the guy called me about the saw. I didnt even see it on craigslist. I have bought several off him. He said that he had a guy coming but I thought he said from ky.

Dan

Is this the one from CL in Ohio for like $675. If so that sucks!!! I got the go ahead from the misses and when I looked for it, It was gone. GEEEERRRR

That's odd. I understood my 090 to have been made in 1986.

I could be wrong, but that info came from literature i picked up at my last Stihl service seminar. Its from a list called Generations Of Stihl. Sorry if misled anybody!

Back