What'd you do this weekend???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I helped a buddy disassemble a rotten pool deck with the 488, and then we had a BIG bon-fire and weiner roast!!:cheers:

I finished moving was left of the wood pile and cleaned up the remnants left behind on Saturday. The fire ring still had some coals remaining this morning. I figure I have 6-7 cords left over and room to put about that much more in if I come up with some trees to cut. My wife is happy since she can see out the kitchen window again.

I did get to run the 621 Jonsered I picked up on the way home from the MN/WI GTG last weekend for just a bit. Certainly not a new saw but sweet to run anyway.

Mark

I went early Saturday morning and bought the kids their first dirtbike, came back from Michigan and ran Bobcat the rest of the :censored:ing weekend clearing fence rows and piling trees and brush. Now I'm sore as a whore from head to toe. I begining to think that 500.00 is cheap for a suspension seat:chainsaw:

Skidded 120 full length birch logs out of the woods 1/4 mile with my dozer. They were already bunked up back there but they were under 4' of snow. Not too bad..moved them in 8 hours. Now I'm waiting for the log truck to come haul them. Problem is that Mt. Redoubt (volcano) erupted and the log truck guy doesn't want to run his rig with ash in the air (not that I blaim him). If we get a bunch of ash landing on my logs I am going to eat some chains cutting it to firewood lengths :( . So far, nothing has landed here.

No Saws.

Brought the '65 Mustang out of storage and cleaned and detailed the engine.

Al :cheers:

attachment.php

Drove out to family lake house in southern colorado. They were tons of huge pines(125 foot-ish ponderosa pines and everwhere) that I cant cut down! Yes, I know it pretty useless for firewood,but all I get to cut down is tiny 35 to 50 footers. The lake is frozen over, so no fishing for me. Some downtime relaxing and enjoying some time with the wife and inlaws seems alright... Okay, I wish to be outdoors cutting down some of the huge firs around here! Right by the house there is a 140 footer thats dying. It is about 56" at the base. :chainsaw:

Hackberry/Silver Maple drop

Used the 066 with new 36in bar (Thanks Bailey's) to drop a hackberry close to the house and a half dead silver maple. The trunk on both trees were solid, 35-40" dbh. My farmer friend Steve came to help with his JD 4440 loader/homemade 3pt splitter. Him and his dad cut the hackberry up while I humped brush :monkey: The silver maple we just left in the ditch next to road for another time. My friend has a 390 and he was impressed cutting up the trunks with the 066. It just powered through :clap:

Brian

Used the 066 with new 36in bar (Thanks Bailey's) to drop a hackberry close to the house and a half dead silver maple. The trunk on both trees were solid, 35-40" dbh. My farmer friend Steve came to help with his JD 4440 loader/homemade 3pt splitter. Him and his dad cut the hackberry up while I humped brush :monkey: The silver maple we just left in the ditch next to road for another time. My friend has a 390 and he was impressed cutting up the trunks with the 066. It just powered through :clap:

Brian

If you don't mind me asking, what did you run for a chain, Brian? I have some Silver Maple's to take down, and I was just curious. Do they cut real rough? What about the hackberry? How'd it cut?

Replaced a dif. carrier in a Dana 70, got lucky I think .008 backlash on the first try.

Fri after work, fired up my brand new 2171 and cut up 4 big old elms that an old friend had down, Sat went to an uncle's about 100 miles away and tuned up my mac sp125, Sun put a truetrac diff in my 03 superduty, ford/sterling rearend. I also got lucky, old one had .011 new was about.009 backlash, close enough I think.

Fri after work, fired up my brand new 2171 and cut up 4 big old elms that an old friend had down, Sat went to an uncle's about 100 miles away and tuned up my mac sp125, Sun put a truetrac diff in my 03 superduty, ford/sterling rearend. I also got lucky, old one had .011 new was about.009 backlash, close enough I think.

Let me know what you think about your truetrac, I put on in my 06 Ranger and it seems awful loose. Not much better than the one legger.....

Cut up some big beech for firewood,its been down a while,boy its hard stuff!

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Let me know what you think about your truetrac, I put on in my 06 Ranger and it seems awful loose. Not much better than the one legger.....

I got it done about 4 pm yesterday, so I went out and did a little testing we'll call it. They do react a little different than any other rearend piece I've ever used, I've had a no-spin in a 1ton 2wd, awesome unit in a 2wd but not for a 4wd street truck. I've also ran a lot of conventional clutch type ls diffs. This truetrac really works, at one point I made a point of nearly having the right rear almost off the ground in mud, grass and what not and the left rear was on fairly hard gravel, I left it in 2wd, I set my mirrors just right, so I could see each tire, and really let er rip, the right tire did spin first but before I could look in the left mirror that tire was spinning good also! I think my truetrac is going to be just the ticket, I hope yours is working correctly.
:chainsaw:

Burned up about 2gal in my ms460, I gotta download the pics still. Have another couple of days to finish up. Try to post pics tomorrow.

Cleaned up a couple of area's for our gtg & cut trail wide enough to get quads thru the woods to those area's...put a gallon thru my little Husqvarna 455. Typical of the tree's....

Cut about a 45ft long stick to turn to cookies (maybe a few 12ft planck's)....that Little 455 has a 20inch bar. Another 10ft stick to the top and then there is the top....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Its fun getting those big Ash tree's down without tearing the heart out of them! AND they Bounce!

Last edited:
Didn't a darn thing.

My friend was back from Iraq, so we had a going away party for him friday night

We partied well into saturday, so I took it easy that day as the wind was starting to blow.

Sunday, the wind really did blow... so I laid pretty low and listened to it howl.

Latest posts

Back