What's a name have to do with it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, okay! So I am an idiot.:buttkick:I usually consider myself to have a good sense of humor. Sometimes I just flat out miss the bus! Maybe to many beers in my belly are starting to warp my perceptions...........Naaaaaaaa!:givebeer:

Thanks for the kick in the arse. :cry:

Those muscles in your stomach are so toned they became a one-pack! :ices_rofl:

Waitaminute.... "beerbelly" has a problem with names???? ROFLMAO!!!!!! I almost spilled coffee on my keyboard.

You, sir, seem to have an image problem. I would think that anyone buying (or avoiding) solely because of a name is doing exactly what marketing guys say we're going to do... identifying with a brand! All your complaining is doing is proving that the industry has got us consumers pegged! Don't you realize the big guys sell the same product under several different brands in order to try and catch a bigger market share? "Well, they may not like "Wild Thing" but a few changes and we can sell it as "Poulan Pro" and "Crafstman, too."

I actually think Dirty Hand Tools was a good effort... "Tools for Dirty Hands." It implies they're made for serious work. Too bad we hear "dirty" and immediately think they need to be cleaned/sterilized/pasteurized thanks to years and years of mass marketing from the cleaning industry.

Lol... You know, I would probably spend a few extra minutes looking at an ACME log splitter if the brand label had a picture of the ACME rocket roller skates on it. Nothing says overkill like a rocket skate.
I never considered it that way. Perception changes things. It can be read as, like you said, "Dirty-hand tools", or the way I read it "Dirty hand-tools". As a professional mechanic, I always kept my tools clean. Dirty tools are a sign of a sloppy mechanic.

Thanks for the eye opener.

I am thinking of starting my own brand.....Beerbelly Weight loss Inc. Or Beerbelly exercise equipment. Or Beerbelly jeans. Think it'll fly? :dizzy:

Back