What's best source for used ignition coil for Husqvarna 394XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
What's best source for used ignition coil for Husqvarna 394XP?
listing says it fits a 395 also..

Got a Husqvarna 394XP that I've not used for several years. Dug her out and now she will not fire.
traced problems down to ignition coil .. since I'm planning on selling, don't want to pay $103 for a new coil.

so what's the best place to find a used 394XP ignition coil?

Last edited:
Howdy,
If your saw was built after 01-01-95, the cheapest place to get a module is from Husqvarna for free.
Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
If your saw was built after 01-01-95, the cheapest place to get a module is from Husqvarna for free.
Regards
Gregg

thanks... will be checking out serial numbers .... sure be nice if if it was part of covered series.

Howdy,
Regards
Gregg

Grande Dog, how can one determine mfg date of saw?
do you have a copy of the recall bulletin?

there's all but no tech support for consumers from Husqvarna.
their 800 487 5951 tech support line doesn't even go to Husqvarna.

800 448 7543 requires a dealer number to connect with real tech support

Howdy,
I couldn't find anything in print to verify but, we've been doing it since then without issue. I see the new 2013 Warranty staement has this in it-
""Limited Lifetime Warranty" on Ignition Modules is for the life of the product or 7 (seven) years after the last date of the complete unit's final production, whichever comes first."
I'll try to find out when they went to this 7 year stipulation but, I would think that anything before they changed it would maintain it's original lifetime warranty.
Regards
Gregg

Look on the tag. It will say something like-

965 22 5444 (PN for the whole saw)

99 1213314 (99 is the yr, the next two numbers give you the week of production)

thanks for all the help! ... serial no 5360067

DSC01020-1.jpg

Howdy,
Regards
Gregg

I seem to also be having a coil problem with mine. Tell me more about getting one free from Husqvarna. Date on mine says 99 27.

mine is still not fixed .. our local dealer really pissed me off .. they wanted $75 labor to check out coil before they would warranty it. they could give a crap less that I've already had coil out, check switch and positively verified coil is dead.

dealer wanted me to reinstall coil so they could tear it apart :angry:
I offered to reinstall coil so they could yank cord to verify coil was dead, then I would remove coil to hand over...
that would not work either ... they insisted it was $75 to inspect or nothing ...

yes coil has been verified a lifetime warranty part...

could be wrong .. but that's just not right to charge $75 to warranty out a part

Last edited:
I would communicate directly with Husqvarna and explain the situation. Bypass the dealer as it is clear he is not going to cooperate. Wouldn't be doing much future business with that dealer unless I absolutely had too.

Back