What's everyone's favorite Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 372xp is the x torq model. I haven't had a issue with it and I've beat on it pretty hard (-5° weather non stop for 2 hours with a 24in bar buried in frozen white oak that had been dragged out of a pond that fall). And many more situations like that. If I ever do blow it up, ill probably just convert it to the OE 372xp. Is the conversion from xt to non xt worth it?

My 55 has been a great saw to run, its stock other than the muffler was opened up some but it starts easy and puts firewood in the shed. Also the first saw I purchased so it holds some value to me in that regard.
A'll the old Rancher Style Series were proven fire wood cutters . I still have a 10 yr old 460 Rancher I got from my uncle a few yrs back when he purchased his new 465 .

My 6 yr old son LOVES his 142 (without chain of course) But to him there are many like it but that one is his and its "the greatest chainsaw in the world" :) :heart:

We start it form him and he knows to let it warm up a bit before he takes it over to the wood pile naked bar and all and starts helping dad.

He makes sure to remind me that the muffler is hot and "don't touch it dad":D;)

Really LOVE my 562XP and love my 450. The 450 was given to me by my wife, so it has sentimental value, but it has also put some of my other saws to shame and it has never not started and did all I have ever asked of it. I like my 550XP, but it took a while to get myself to like it. It is a nice saw to have though. I really like my 3120XP, but it's not practical for much. And I will buck the trend here, but I just haven't been blown away by the 372XP. I know everybody seems to love them, but for me, it's just not a saw I grab too often. Maybe I was just expecting more out of it based on all of it's amazing reviews. The same could be said of the 346XP I had and sold, as it didn't seem to do anything my 450 couldn't except bring more money on the resale (resell ?) market.

Really LOVE my 562XP and love my 450. The 450 was given to me by my wife, so it has sentimental value, but it has also put some of my other saws to shame and it has never not started and did all I have ever asked of it. I like my 550XP, but it took a while to get myself to like it. It is a nice saw to have though. I really like my 3120XP, but it's not practical for much. And I will buck the trend here, but I just haven't been blown away by the 372XP. I know everybody seems to love them, but for me, it's just not a saw I grab too often. Maybe I was just expecting more out of it based on all of it's amazing reviews. The same could be said of the 346XP I had and sold, as it didn't seem to do anything my 450 couldn't except bring more money on the resale (resell ?) market.
Couldn't agree with any of that anymore. They all have their purposes depending on the job/operator's needs. And I think the people that brag up the 372 more than what they really are hyped up to be are the people who have only ran homeowner saws their whole life like 029s or 55/455s, etc. I do have tremendous respect for the 372, but their are plenty of saws in its class that outperform or are the same performance.

I hope you guys will give me a few weeks to weigh in on this one. My saws are almost all Stihl so I am not model number knowledgeable when it comes to the Husky’s although I use them on our disaster relief deployments. I do have a favorite among the trailer full of Husky‘s I have no idea which model number it is. I know it as “number 6.” I bring my own saws for use in the bucket and for limbing and use the Huskys out of the trailer for everything else. We are headed to Jennings, Louisiana this Sunday for a seven day stretch. This is our third after Laura, Mario and Delta. I’ll respond while down there or when I get back.

It seems though that this thread would be more useful if the mission that matches the favorite saw were stated. I use a different saw or pair of saws in the bucket than I do when on the the ground. On the ground I have different needs depending upon whether I’m felling a big tree, hacking up a big one that came over at the root ball, or a small one that came over by the root ball.

I hope you guys will give me a few weeks to weigh in on this one. My saws are almost all Stihl so I am not model number knowledgeable when it comes to the Husky’s although I use them on our disaster relief deployments. I do have a favorite among the trailer full of Husky‘s I have no idea which model number it is. I know it as “number 6.” I bring my own saws for use in the bucket and for limbing and use the Huskys out of the trailer for everything else. We are headed to Jennings, Louisiana this Sunday for a seven day stretch. This is our third after Laura, Mario and Delta. I’ll respond while down there or when I get back.

It seems though that this thread would be more useful if the mission that matches the favorite saw were stated. I use a different saw or pair of saws in the bucket than I do when on the the ground. On the ground I have different needs depending upon whether I’m felling a big tree, hacking up a big one that came over at the root ball, or a small one that came over by the root ball.
your absolutely right , each saw application will show the merits & liabilities of each saw. Also the actual age and physical ability of the operator will determine the ease in which saw performs !

Latest posts

Back