What's in your field parts kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can take two or three days to get help and parts so spares are essential.

I have to wait on parts also, or make a long drive. I am usually out cutting with neighbors and it is lame to break down over something simple. At that point it is either to stand around like a helpless doofus, or contribute by carrying all the wood.

Only time we did not have a replacement part for a saw on the truck was a broken oil flippy cap on a ms200t. Finished the job with a rear handle. Stopped by the dealer and bought 2 oil caps and another 200t. As I recall, that was a long day.

I take three saws cutting and a couple of spare chains for each one , don't want to waste time working on saws in the field , the only tools I take are files , scrench , small screwdriver and axe .

A 550 xp to back up whatever saw I am using.

I have a tool box with chains, bars, plugs, gas filters, wedges, pull cord, gas and oil caps, pulp hooks, axe and lots of bolts. I don't remember the last day I left early because of saw issues.

I take three saws cutting and a couple of spare chains for each one , don't want to waste time working on saws in the field , the only tools I take are files , scrench , small screwdriver and axe .
Like wise......but I don't take th files or screwdriver......except the one on the scrench.

And more apt to change saws than chains.

Everything about a saw is easier on a bench.

Bar nuts, miscellaneous screws and bolts, spark plugs, fuel line and filters, screnchs, hex and star wrenches in an ammo box with extra chains. Bars and saws in the truck. I have extra pistons, cylinders, rings, gasket material, a vacuum tester and etcetera in the truck.

When I actually get to cut anymore, I have an extra saw or two. Not kidding. I grab another saw if the chain gets dull, I throw a chain off, or sometimes even I need to tighten the chain.

I work on saws more than I use them anymore so when I am using them I do not want to be working on them. I keep a scrench, small flat blade for carb adjustments, extra chains for all the saws involved, oil, gas, T27 T handle. That's it. No real spare parts.

Bar nuts, miscellaneous screws and bolts, spark plugs, fuel line and filters, screnchs, hex and star wrenches in an ammo box with extra chains. Bars and saws in the truck. I have extra pistons, cylinders, rings, gasket material, a vacuum tester and etcetera in the truck.
No cylinder hone?

I see I'm not the only one who watches Wranglerstar on YT. I thought the extra clutch springs was an interesting addition to the kit as well. My cutting kit usually consists of a 60cc and mid 30cc saw, ppe, axe and wedges, and a file kit with a scrench. Beyond that I'm never cutting so far out that I can't run back and get another saw to use if one doesn't want to work. If it's just tree trimming I usually carry a hand saw or two and a small top handle. I need to get a gear kit going at some point so I can just grab a box and a saw and run if the time ever arose.

My "saw box" is a 50 cal ammo box. I have files, wedges, tuning driver a couple screnches, nuts, bolts and screws. Whatever i think i might need. It's nice cuz its all in one container and it doesnt matter if it tips over or falls out. Everything is still in it and dry. I keep a 24" and 28" bar with chains behind the seat incase i get pinched or loose a sprocket tip. I used to bring 2 saws but not anymore. If i cant fix it with what i've got with me then it goes to my shop.

I see I'm not the only one who watches Wranglerstar on YT.

Yup! He has a lot of useful DIY videos. I do fast forward thru most of his videos, but some are watched in their entirety. I want to know how he has the cash to buy all his new toys.

His parts kit is a bit more essential as he was out fighting forest fires. Clutch springs has got to be a bit much for firewood cutters out for a few hours a time, a day or two a week.

Yup! He has a lot of useful DIY videos. I do fast forward thru most of his videos, but some are watched in their entirety. I want to know how he has the cash to buy all his new toys.

His parts kit is a bit more essential as he was out fighting forest fires. Clutch springs has got to be a bit much for firewood cutters out for a few hours a time, a day or two a week.
He has 800,000 followers and gets the stuff as demos from the companies to provide exposure to their products.

Seems like a nice enough guy but proof you don't need talent or knowledge to be an internet sensation.

He has 800,000 followers and gets the stuff as demos from the companies to provide exposure to their products.

Yeah, the Yanmar Tractor, the Rhino Equip, and maybe even the sawmill. Some big costly items. Amazing that companies benefit such that they can give or loan such expensive items based on YT exposure.

I will admit that I have gone thru a bit of an Axe fetish because of his videos. I tried to buy a Gransfors Bruks axe, but settled on a Husky Carpenters Axe.

Back