What's in your field parts kit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to watch Wranglerstar on YT. I evolved away from the channel. Sometimes though, he has content that I would go so far as to call advice.

This is my camp kit. Few small parts in it like kill switches, choke levers, plug, starter rope. Etc....., to fix the easy things so the saw can stay on the hill whole shift. even got a complete heli coil kit in the silver cylinder capable of doing 5mm chase/heli coil or a 6mm oversize then also a 6mm insert repair. Everything needing a handle attaches to the t handle. I can rebuild a husky with this kit and whatever parts needed in camp. The 6" t27 I leave at home so I can't get the t handle through the stihl cylinder fins with just the bit. Stihls go in the bin anyways. Dealer can deal with them lol there are also 2 bar tips in the bottom. Some guys come out there with 3 huge totes of tools and other useless **** only to be less then half as capable as me with this small light kit. if one of my saws need a serious repair it comes home to the bench as i have spares so i don't carry any big parts. just a new main saw and 2 spares. i've never had to fix any stripped threads on my saws but have fixed tons on others. i mostly carry it to help others.

tool kit 1.jpg tool kit 2.jpg

I have an ms361 so.. fuel. ;)

Kidding aside I carry a scrench, spark plug, extra chain, files, aaaaand that's really about it. I do carry bar buts but only because I switched to the 441 bar nuts and tossed the originals in my bag. I also added an ms024 to the family not long ago so it comes along as well but it hasn't had to fill in yet!

I'm never far from my truck usually 500ft or less and my dealer is always only 20minutes drive from where ever I am, so no need to carry a lot of kit. The tool belt has flat and round file, some wedges* 5's and 8's*, 2 screnches, tip greaser extra sparkplug an axe, Israeli bandage. I keep an extra bar and chain in the truck, as well as a bit of pull cord. Generally if I break a saw I drop it off to get fixed and it's ready within a day or two.

My field kit has some screw eyes, lag screws and a extra spring for our Marvin pole pruners.
For tools the kit has a extra scrench, some files and wire cutters.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to replace the spring in my Marvin pole pruner. Can you explain??

Latest posts

Back