What's on your bench? 08-25-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished up a MS261. It's still 4-stroking hard when it hits the rev limiter about 15K:rock: Man are these little buggers strong. I've got a MS362 setting in the wings waiting on it's turn. I shipped another ported MS441C to AU yesterday, and have a MMd 261 ready to go there next. MMd and advanced the ignition on another 201T Thursday night. All this work and I still can't seem to get ahead far enough to buy a lathe:( I might have another CADish setback next week:clap:

i just finished up an 028 super this morn,, complete fuel system rebuild,, and a honda pressure washer that he couldn't get started,, someone had filled the fuel tank up with anti freeze,, now we know why it wouldn't run,,, both went back to the customer a couple of hours ago running like new again

I just finished up a MS261. It's still 4-stroking hard when it hits the rev limiter about 15K:rock: Man are these little buggers strong. I've got a MS362 setting in the wings waiting on it's turn. I shipped another ported MS441C to AU yesterday, and have a MMd 261 ready to go there next. MMd and advanced the ignition on another 201T Thursday night. All this work and I still can't seem to get ahead far enough to buy a lathe:( I might have another CADish setback next week:clap:

Don't worry I have at least 2 more to come for the lathe fund :)

ad9de787-2cea-0250.jpg

Just got a 395 off.

Got two top handle saws back on

Bought a HD Makita 6401 rental on Thursday, cleaned it up, replaced the fuel and impulse lines, and sold it this morning to a good friend. Under all the crud, this one was in very good shape. It must of been a newer one because this one didn't have the plastic carb. limiter tabs, but a plastic plug in the high side hole and a piece of steel rod in the rubber grommet. Put a 20" bar and a new Stihl RSC chain and it was good to go.

Just finished a MM on a 660. And finally got caught up on all the chains that needed sharpening. When I get home I need to replace the rim on my XL924 and then finish sharpening the chain on my 7-10.

Also debating on whether or not I should tear into my 024 Super. It runs strong and everything but there is a little bit of scoring on the piston and a ring is scuffed. Do I really want to get into another rebuild? Do I replace the whole top end with an 026 jug n slug? After just finishing my MS261 and Super XL I think I am going to ponder this one a little more...maybe I'll save it for a fall project...

:givebeer:

just finnished a complete motor swap on the wifes Dyson Dc05 vacume cleaner,that will keep me in the good books for a bit:msp_biggrin:

and a tanaka gas drill,just waiting on parts.

my jonsered 525 in for sharpening and clean up along with a stihl 012AV that i paid 5 bucks for. buddy said it was gone, the piston that is but it wasn't. just needs a new chain:) gunna have the pioneer 1100-W soon on the bench to to fix some chain issues. they just keep coming but i love fixing em:rock:

Let me see....

Well, I've got a poulan 306a, homelite super ez, and a stihl 210 that has to be rebuilt. Enough to last me awhile. Oh yeah, I've got a stihl 250 due Monday. I jones when I have an empty bench!!!!!!!! Lol

just finished an 045 plug wire, 041 tune up and sharpen, finished 45 chain sharpens, a poulan 2000 fuel line replacement, br600 wireing, and have a toro line trimmer on the bench next, but that has to wait till next week after i go hunting!!

Only thing on my bench is two saw's that need cleaning after today and three chains that need to be sharpened :jester:

McCulloch 10-10 completely tore down that was sucking oil in from the oil tank. While its apart, I think it will get a good cleaning, new paint, and a bit of port polishing, once I figure out how to get the squish less than .063". It blew 175 PSI before tear down, but probably due to the oil in the cylinder.

Back