What's on your bench? 08-29-2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How about a few 201s?:rock:
IMG_1160-M.jpg

Don't like top handle saws? Then how about my newest personal toy? I decided to have another stab at one of these. So far I've modded the muffler and put a .035" popup on the piston. Boy do I love these Total/Jonsered bars:msp_wub:
IMG_1161-M.jpg

IMG_1163-M.jpg

IMG_1162-M.jpg

IMG_1164-M.jpg

IMG_1165-M.jpg

How about a few 201s?:rock:
IMG_1160-M.jpg

Don't like top handle saws? Then how about my newest personal toy? I decided to have another stab at one of these. So far I've modded the muffler and put a .035" popup on the piston. Boy do I love these Total/Jonsered bars:msp_wub:

Is the rear handle ms201 on right of photo heading to someone down under?;)

Just by dropping the jug and modding the muffler on that little J'red......I'd have to say she's gonna come alive......

:msp_wink:

Just by dropping the jug and modding the muffler on that little J'red......I'd have to say she's gonna come alive......

:msp_wink:

There was quite a lot of flashing and a good sized ridge around the lower transfer intakes. I did clean that up. I also raised the notch in the cylinder up, to make up for what I dropped it. It was after dark when I got it done. I got about 14% from the muffler mod. However, I don't know how valid any of these tests will be. IIRC, you have to run these saws for a few minutes for them to re-tune. I simply don't have the wood for that. At least I'm seeing gains. I really don't know what I'm going to do from here. I need to study your recent 550 build thread:rock: My porting didn't fair too well the first time I tried one of these. Gonna have to try something different. Hopefully you left some low hanging fruit for a knuckle dragger like me to pick up on:clap:

Stock. These are the very first four cuts it ever made.
[video=youtube_share;1zHJ7kStxVI]http://youtu.be/1zHJ7kStxVI[/video]

Here it is muffler modded. I simply opened up under the deflector, beside the pipe. I did nothing to the baffle. When I did that last time, I didn't seem to pick up any gains, but it sure got louder. Your mileage may vary. This is only the second time I've been in one of these.

You can tell it's still trying to learn, evidenced by the stalling in the cut. By the last cut, it was already doing better.
[video=youtube_share;jV10u56Y9rM]http://youtu.be/jV10u56Y9rM[/video]

I spent most of yesterday cleaning up a Dolmar 112. It was DIRTY...but after pulling the jug it was evedent that it was not used much :msp_smile:. Seems like a nice saw. I'm pretty excited to cut with it this weekend.

Let's see.......a couple of 026s, two 550XPs, a J'red 2253, and a MS261C.

I didn't get a heck of a lot done on the saws today. I was on the phone for several hours...still furthering my meager education.

Oh......got some nice poplar for videos too.

Latest posts

Back