What's on your bench? October 9th 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its cleaned , painted and going back together.
New bearings,the piston and cylinder were in good shape,just needed cleaning up.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• cut 126.JPG
    cut 126.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 234
  • cut 132.JPG
    cut 132.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 235
  • cut 142.JPG
    cut 142.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 235
  • cut 143.JPG
    cut 143.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 230
  • cut 144.JPG
    cut 144.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 231
Its all done just waiting on new decals to come. Then I will put the bar,chain and helper handle on.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• cut 146.JPG
    cut 146.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 230
  • cut 147.JPG
    cut 147.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 232
  • cut 149.JPG
    cut 149.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 231
  • cut 148.JPG
    cut 148.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 233
Great work, Bow Saw! Let's see...

Jonsered 621- carb and a Nova module.
Jonsered 2137 - cracked intake.
Shindaiwa T260 - Carb, throttle cable.
Redmax EB7001 - Muffler cam apart inside, pieces vibrated a hole in the bottom of it and exhaust melted gas tank.
Ditch Witch Trencher (well parts of it) - Don't even get me started.
Shindaiwa T231 - Recoil, carb, fuel lines.
Stihl MS440 - New top end and bearing seals.
Stihl MS361 - Bearing Seals.
Echo SRM210 - Clutch exploded.
Stihl 030AV - Carb
Husq 55 - Top end
Husq 51 - Top end (make in to a 55)

That's current in progress jobs.

Not on the bench but I am about to put my freshly rebuilt 727 transmission back behind the 440 in my motorhome. I will be SO glad when this project is done. I need to hurry up, deer hunting is coming up.

I have some things that need to be on the bench, but it's clear right now. I have been getting things together for the Poulan GTG this weekend, seeing if the old junks will still run and such. I have to say that they all do indeed still run. The 8500 was stored dry and it started in 3 pulls...

This is on the bench today... special thanks to the man above....... MARK :msp_wink: for the NOS Homelite bar. Will have a thread on it also and maybe some video of it cutting a good sized white oak this weekend, if it ever stops raining. 3 days straight now, 4-6" already!

My $200 buy it now ebay husky 288 is on the bench.

$(KGrHqR,!oQFIrd0MLjKBSPer8K2(!~~60_57.JPG

(Sellers picture)

The saw is now all over the bench in pieces. As I posted on my other thread that I don't see on the thread list, I'm very happy with the purchase. Cylinder and bottom end are good and show relatively little use. A new set of a/v's to replace the missing and torn ones, a new carb kit while I'm at it and more than likely a base gasket delete and some port work and I'll be done.

Picked this up last week, replaced fuel line and switch and did a muff mod, still doesn't wanna run, it fires up but still starving for fuel, carb kit is next.

Latest posts

Back