Whats on your bench this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tighten down that puller as much as you dare, pick the saw by the puller and whack on the end of it with a hammer. If you screw up the main bearings (not likely), they aren't hard to change. I've never let a flywheel stop me in my tracks like this. Maybe a little heat on the flywheel to help out.

Chris B.

Yep and if that don't work get a bigger hammer! :hmm3grin2orange:

Worst part is when you get back you have to crap in the sandbox.lol Actually our bait is a combination of tuna catfood, herring and a locally made gross-smelling pellet-like fish food. Prawns really go for it. We usually come home with a 5 gallon pale full of prawns, split it between the 4 guys. Mostly floating around in the sun drinking beer, very relaxing.

Now that sounds like a GREAT time!!

I did, bent some washers, put more under them, tightened them more, but I think the cheapo crap bolts are stretching. I will tighten it some more and more and try hitting that puller bolt some more. Will see how it goes. Doubt it's gonna come off, yet. Think those grade 8 bolts are a must, just haven't had a lit of time lately to go get them. (college kinda sucks sometimes)

Only thing I'm afraid of when hitting the puller like that is hitting my hand. I use a 4 lb sledge for this by the way. Little claw hammers aren't going to cut it.

Chris B.

Homelite 550 in need of new fuel/impulse line.. Now just waiting on the intake gasket from dozerdude :)... You can see the old one sitting on the tank.. Sucked right in on one side..
180593d1303185689-p1000613-jpg

Homelite 550 in need of new fuel/impulse line.. Now just waiting on the intake gasket from dozerdude :)... You can see the old one sitting on the tank.. Sucked right in on one side..
180593d1303185689-p1000613-jpg

I have done a few of those gaskets now and use some moto-seal on them and the plastic intake piece. I put them together and let them set up a few days before I run the saw and it works well. I always have a fear of them leaking.

I missed this thread Mark. You must have more energy than anyone I know. I can only work on one saw at a time. This was the project today - a dreaded Mac. I have some German Macs but this is the first real one. This 250 goes so well that I almost like it.

P4170786.jpg

Al.

rotary tiller

I Replaced the ignition coil points type was dead on an old 3.5 hp Briggs and stratton horizontal type that powers the "Neighborhood" rotor tiller

I removed the coil points and old flywheel. I got a donor flywheel and new type trigger coil/ignition coil all in one unit from a dead lawn mower. I needed to adapt old rope pull ratchet to the new donor fly wheel.

The old girl goes harder than It ever did before.

I have done a few of those gaskets now and use some moto-seal on them and the plastic intake piece. I put them together and let them set up a few days before I run the saw and it works well. I always have a fear of them leaking.

Hmm moto-seal never heard of it... Will have to check it out.. I debated on making one since I am not fond of little cork gaskets on anything with pressure but decided cutting out something that skinny would be a PITA.. Perhaps if I made one out of an innertube???

I'm waiting for a piston from the Greek for a 346OE, should be any time now. I'm going to port this one fairly aggressively.

Just about finished my 365 /372 rebuild!
Started to look on to my 181 SE!
Looks like the 181 SE really has potential! Especially with a 54 mm bore!:msp_biggrin:
Just got a 28" bar for it!

Mark the rest of my Echo 900 stuff came in today. Looks like for the most part I have the majority of the stuff I need. I'm gonna order all new S/S allen head hardware from fastenal for a few bux. Also I'm gonna run a v-stack on this one instead of tracking down another one of those mesh filters again. Sonce its just a piece together saw and plan on porting it in the future the stack will compliment it well.

The list for now and with it will get me a running saw.

1. Tank/handle assembly
2. 6 anti-vibe mounts
3. oil line that goes into the tank
4. all the guts to the new starter cover
5. exhaust gasket
6. cylinder base gasket
7. rod bearing

DSC00974.jpg

Hmm moto-seal never heard of it... Will have to check it out.. I debated on making one since I am not fond of little cork gaskets on anything with pressure but decided cutting out something that skinny would be a PITA.. Perhaps if I made one out of an innertube???

Inner tubes don't like gas at all. Trust me, I found out the hard way..

Mark the rest of my Echo 900 stuff came in today. Looks like for the most part I have the majority of the stuff I need. I'm gonna order all new S/S allen head hardware from fastenal for a few bux. Also I'm gonna run a v-stack on this one instead of tracking down another one of those mesh filters again. Sonce its just a piece together saw and plan on porting it in the future the stack will compliment it well.

The list for now and with it will get me a running saw.

1. Tank/handle assembly
2. 6 anti-vibe mounts
3. oil line that goes into the tank
4. all the guts to the new starter cover
5. exhaust gasket
6. cylinder base gasket
7. rod bearing

DSC00974.jpg

The antivibe mounts and the air filter were easy for me, they came from the local dealer without any drama.

The oil line and the grommet that it goes into is on oreder for me right now.

Do you have a clutch cover? I got a NOS one for mine as mine has a crack in it but it still useable.

The antivibe mounts and the air filter were easy for me, they came from the local dealer without any drama.

The oil line and the grommet that it goes into is on oreder for me right now.

Do you have a clutch cover? I got a NOS one for mine as mine has a crack in it but it still useable.

I have an older clutch cover thats not that pretty but will work for now.

My bench is getting a bit clogged up right now. I got permission to cut up tops in a logged out area thats close to home so all my attention has been on stocking up on firewood.

Right now I have another Craftsman/Poulan Pro/ Poulan 50cc thats getting built out of my parts pile. I found a good topend that fell off the back of a truck that was going 50mph. Got a good saw from it and have to get a carb kit. Love to show up with a saw thats 3 colors that blows away all the Wood Bosses. I'll be giving this one to my sportsman club.

The other builder is an Olympic 950 super waiting for a carb kit.

Next in line will be my trusty Olympyk 264 F. Was running it real hard in a big old piece of white oak crotch that was left at the landing and it boiled the gas. Guess it needs a tank vent. I'm going to go over all my saws and restock on spare plugs, filters and chain.

Picked up a new mower yesterday. Nice pull behind for the quad.

Also started parting out a Poulan 5500 for the bay....

dang jeremy,,i could have saved you all that money by giving you this old push mower i have,,, it runs good,,has a 20" cut,, i would guarantee in writing that you will get exercise with it cutting your place:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back