What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of 064s myself and member Laslab had on the bench this morningView attachment 592537

064s, those are like super outdated right?

I'll do you a favor and give you $100 for the pair. Put it towards a new model. ;)

In all seriousness, Damn, those are some fine looking saws!!

Cut off saws..... Dad needed one for some concrete work, said I would find him one on Craigslist. I did, $40, but needing new everything essentially (the pile of Partner parts).

20170724_184504.jpg

Then driving home 3 days later I found the stihl in a pile of lawnmowers on the side of the road with a 'free' sign on it! just needed a new top end, and the air filter!

20170724_184458.jpg

Needless to say these two have kept me busy for the past 2 weeks.

I also got a Remington SL-9 in the free pile, it needs to be cleaned badly. and have the gas dumped. its a nice green color.

I've got my 272xp on my bench after finally getting all the parts to put it back together. However, the crank I got is bent and I didn't notice until I had the cases assembled. So it's coming back apart and will have to wait until I get another crank. Then it's off to a certain farm boy for some grinding and squishing.
Got my new (used) crank today. This time I put it on my v blocks and checked it lol. Got the bearings on it and its now in the freezer and cases are in the oven. Unless by some divine intervention, I will have the cases assembled in an hour or so. That's as far as we go tonight - got an o-ring ordered that should be here tomorrow.

Cut off saws..... Dad needed one for some concrete work, said I would find him one on Craigslist. I did, $40, but needing new everything essentially (the pile of Partner parts).

View attachment 592878

Then driving home 3 days later I found the stihl in a pile of lawnmowers on the side of the road with a 'free' sign on it! just needed a new top end, and the air filter!

View attachment 592879

Needless to say these two have kept me busy for the past 2 weeks.

I also got a Remington SL-9 in the free pile, it needs to be cleaned badly. and have the gas dumped. its a nice green color.

ts350 has the 08s motor. here are the manuals if someone cant make one out of it will send send it back to me please

Attachments

• service manual stihl ts 350.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • service manual stihl ts 350 (2).pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Got my new (used) crank today. This time I put it on my v blocks and checked it lol. Got the bearings on it and its now in the freezer and cases are in the oven. Unless by some divine intervention, I will have the cases assembled in an hour or so. That's as far as we go tonight - got an o-ring ordered that should be here tomorrow.
Success.

Case Assembled.jpg

Thanks. It's really just a mishmash of parts at this point in time. I bought it blown up, installed oem piston cylinder, used it for 15 years and then the crank brg let go. So now it has aftermarket cases, and parts from a couple different saws. Hopefully it runs well when I'm done.

Your 048 looks good! Vids here have to be a certain format or they won't load. You can always load onto youtube then link to it here.

Chris, that's a great looking 272. My mentor and partner in crime on rebuilding chainsaws would be impressed. Although he rebuilds all sorts of saws, his stable is orange and black. I've seen a few 272's, 372's, 395's and once in awhile he will open the cabinet and pull out a mint 3120xp that I think has only seen one tank of gas. Well here is what I've been spending time on, a 036.

Attachments

• IMAG0817.jpg
    IMAG0817.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMAG0821.jpg
    IMAG0821.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0824.jpg
    IMAG0824.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Back