What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have a general question on why I can't locate something I have an old MS 381 and I can't seem to locate the rubber cover that goes in between the air filter cover and the engine top cover does anybody have any idea what that piece is called or a part number would be a big help???

I just have a general question on why I can't locate something I have an old MS 381 and I can't seem to locate the rubber cover that goes in between the air filter cover and the engine top cover does anybody have any idea what that piece is called or a part number would be a big help???
you meaning the pre filter?
# 1119 120 1501

Got one project up and running.
266xp, 85-87. Meteor piston, oe cyl cleaned up fine. 180 comp.
Split, gutted ported and rewelded muffler. Mild intake porting to smooth between cyl and block. Cleaned up casting and polished exhaust. Debating which clutch cover to use...original to year or a later one.1000002662.jpg1000002660.jpg

Attachments

• 20231217_150251.mp4
    24.5 MB
Got one project up and running.
266xp, 85-87. Meteor piston, oe cyl cleaned up fine. 180 comp.
Split, gutted ported and rewelded muffler. Mild intake porting to smooth between cyl and block. Cleaned up casting and polished exhaust. Debating which clutch cover to use...original to year or a later one.View attachment 1136509View attachment 1136510
Got a bar on it, tuned to around 12,5 for now.
Bicycle handlebar wrap makes a huge difference in vibes. Nice feel, too.
17.8#, total.
1000002665.jpg

Nice resto job for sure! Should give ya plenty more yrs of service.

I went hog wild a couple yrs ago and got a new USA made Wilton Tradesman 1780 off of eBay. 8" jaws, heavy enough for automotive service and whatever else I will throw at it.

I really tried to find a good condition used heavy vise in my area and online at the time but came up empty handed. So I cringed and hit buy it now! Still, talked seller down to $650 from $800 with free shipping.... not so bad.

Nice resto job for sure! Should give ya plenty more yrs of service.

I went hog wild a couple yrs ago and got a new USA made Wilton Tradesman 1780 off of eBay. 8" jaws, heavy enough for automotive service and whatever else I will throw at it.

I really tried to find a good condition used heavy vise in my area and online at the time but came up empty handed. So I cringed and hit buy it now! Still, talked seller down to $650 from $800 with free shipping.... not so bad.
8" jaws are friggin huge. that must be a nice piece of iron. I paid 80.00 for this but it took me parts of 3 or 4 days because of paint cure between coats.

used an etching primer and 3 coats of oil based Industrial enamel with hardener added. used 2 250-watt incandescent photography studio light bulbs to cure the paint between coats. it's amazing how hot those big chunks of cast iron can get under 500 watts of light for a few hours. too hot to hold barehanded.

PXL_20231220_181229442.MP.jpg

Latest posts

Back