What's on your spring splitting roster?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, took some pics

126bncy.jpg

2lln686.jpg

24mch1i.jpg

Double square stack mile long like!

here's a couple of shots of the aspen an popular that I have to finish splitting before the rain starts on sunday evening... need 20 cords total and close to 15 here now.... finished 2 cords yesterday and 3 more today with another 2 to 3 more for tomorrow.IMG_6903.JPG IMG_6904.JPG

here's a couple of shots of the aspen an popular that I have to finish splitting before the rain starts on sunday evening... need 20 cords total and close to 15 here now.... finished 2 cords yesterday and 3 more today with another 2 to 3 more for tomorrow.View attachment 491596 View attachment 491597
Most people call 15 cords a year of heat. Chucker calls it Friday afternoon. :)

IMG_1557.JPG

Should have (when finished) about 4 cords of silver maple to sell, 4 cords of mixed locust/elm/other hardwood to sell, 3 cords of oak to sell, and another 2 cords of stuff to keep.

Over at the house I have about 5-6 cords - 3/4 are CSS, and the rest in rounds ready for the kids to attack.

The Wednesday night poker crew finished hand splitting up this big ash last night. I think I sold a few more mauls for fiskars by the time we were done. Many of them have never even swung a maul before we started. My cousin measured it out to be
3 cords. Well he's an engineer so it was like 2.961 cords to him. Lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back