whats the appeal of the 2100?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
just curious why there's alot of 2100's passing around. are they worth picking up, or are they just too out dated? i already have 3 395's so would a 2100 just be a dissapointment? or should i just hold out for a 3120?

Steve here... Had two 2100's, sold em on Ebay last year here's a pic of me blasting thru a hard maple I dumped two years ago. This saw was bone stock. I was running 3/8 063 chisel chain that I square ground. These old saws have big power, like the 090. It actually was faster in little wood than my 090av. I have a Homelite 750 now too... Cuts like a dream has av. I see theres a nice one on Ebay right now. I'd take the 750 over the 2100 for cuttin wood anyday.
Steve

Last edited:
There is much you do not know, if you could be more specific in your questions in general and this in particular, you might even learn what you want.
This Homedelight Z4lunch show is one of the best saws made, ever.

I will not argue with you on that, but i will be more specific in saying. I have not run many homelights, but i do know the 1050 is heavy. Seemingly more so than McCullochs of that era.

As a note of interest,regarding the so called "heaviness"of the older Macs and Homeys,bear in mind that there is less than 1 pound difference in the 2130 Husky,088 Stihl,Super 125 Mac and 2100 Homey.With regard to how they cut,it's a matter of perception,they all cut real good,all are very zesty.I have only ever seen several 2100 Huskys,because they are not a popular brand in these parts.The owners liked them and 100 cc's,is rather large,in anyones book,and would handle about any length of chain-bar combo_One should also keep in mind that any saw above 5 cu inch is going to have some weight behind it,as compared to those in the 4 to 4.5 cu in range,it just goes with the turf,so to speak.These big behemoths have their place,I guess it's up to the owners how they are used. ;)

Are you asking about the Husky 2100 Ken or the Homelite. Husky's are runners. Homies are for Baby's right Z4Lunch :blush: Give me a call we have to get the plans ready for the Bafoon fest out west.

Don't even talk about Huskys and Homelites in the same sentence. Like talking about Cadilacs and Hyundais, apples and oranges. Homelite=Homo-lite. 2100 saws are old now but still a killer machine. 2100s were used to fall and buck billions of feet of old growth here for years and years, 70s into the late 80s. The westcoast fallers loved them, heavy, but powerfull and dependable.

Back