What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
Welcome home. She started on the second pull and runs perfectly. It is a dream on the back.

8-L.jpg

9-L.jpg

10-L.jpg

11-L.jpg

Just curious, how did you end up settling on the 600?

Just curious, how did you end up settling on the 600?
I used my Dad's and was shocked how much lighter and more comfortable it was than what I had. There's not another blower on the market than can compete with it's combination of weight, ergonomics, and power output. I would prefer a 2-stroke engine, but the BR600 Magnum has proven has proven itself to be a reliable performer. Yes, there are stronger blowers out there, but at too much of a weight penalty for my needs.

I have the Husky 580 and BR600. The Husky is called upon for the heavier work and the BR600 is a breeze to handle and performs very well. No complaints.

The pair reminds me of the 661 and 562 only in reverse order. Yep, that's a pretty good analogy.

I used my Dad's and was shocked how much lighter and more comfortable it was than what I had. There's not another blower on the market than can compete with it's combination of weight, ergonomics, and power output. I would prefer a 2-stroke engine, but the BR600 Magnum has proven has proven itself to be a reliable performer. Yes, there are stronger blowers out there, but at too much of a weight penalty for my needs.

I have not been impressed with the 600. Have you run the Echo 770?

Thought not asked I ran the 770 and was impressed with the unit. We did a side by side test of the 580 and the 770 and I really liked the 770 but it had a "torque steer" to the engine that would turn your body to some degree to the right when the trigger was deployed. During full WOT you really couldn't tell it but to me and the Dealer it was definitely there through the testing. Loved the 770's back cooling from the fan and the build quality but when put head to head to the Husky the Husky, though heavier was less intrusive with it's attitude.

The BR600 has none of this torque steer I experienced from the 770. IF it wasn't for that I would have bought the 770 from the standpoint of weight and a true 2 stroke engine and ergonomics. Echo makes a quality product no doubt.

True, its only money, but id rather not spend on something that wastes my time when it's not reliable. Time is one resource that's finite. And I'd rather not waste mine farting around with equipment that's potentially fragile and failure prone.

Long term reliability on the 4 mix engines hasn't been that great. That alone would prevent me from pulling the trigger on one.
Yes I would have to agree, mine is 3 years old used 10 hours a day 5 days a week and it still runs great. Now mind you it has had the valves adjusted a time or 3 but all in all not reliable at all ;)

do not get me started on the trimmers! they just keep running and running! POS !!! :D

It's obvious we are on two different plains. I don't "fart around" with anything but to each their own.

My 2014 BR600 is flawless at this time. As is all my equipment or it is out of here.

Life is too short and I'm way to busy having fun with the next adventure.

Life is short, the world is waiting on all of us to enjoy!

It's obvious we are on two different plains. I don't "fart around" with anything but to each their own.

My 2014 BR600 is flawless at this time. As is all my equipment or it is out of here.

Life is too short and I'm way to busy having fun with the next adventure.

Life is short, the world is waiting on all of us to enjoy!
I would expect so given its a year old.

Back