What's the best backpack blower on the market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 53 42.1%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 45 35.7%

• Total voters
The other thing is what's "best" is dependant on what your doing with. In my climate the time between when leaves are fully dropped and the snow flies is very short or some times non existant. It also tends to rain alot this time of year. I also use a blower to remove snow off cars, wood piles etc. Also use it for burning stump piles when clearing land. For these types of applications I want the most powerful blower made. Hence I went with the Husk 580/ Redmax 8500. I had a Redmax 8000 before that that I ran for over a decade, including 6-7 years commercially with great results, so the 580 was a no brainer.

the br 450c is about out or has already came out. stronger then the 600 and 2 cycle. (what it has electric start :eek:)

I am happy with my blower. It does get heavy after burning a couple tanks but the back cooling is nice...remember ear plugs!
I bought this blower last fall, I have probably 10-15hrs run time. This thing should last awhile! I decided on redmax after seeing so many units on commercial landscape trailer.
IMG_2087.jpg

I have owned Stihl 380,400, 420; Shindaiwa 630, 802, Husqvarna BT150.

For the guys who have been around OPE for a considerable amount of time; my first back pack was the ECHO PB 400E, old school. original back pack. Loved that thing, except for small throttle mounting bracket ( white metal ) used to snap far too easily.

2105, We just picked up a Redmax EBZ8500, great blower, very happy with it

Today I removed the muffler screen, opened the muffler up a bit more by bending the opening up a little farther, slotted the carb needles, and re-tuned. It doesn't seem that much louder. What's the factory RPM on these? Mines turning 7,200.

Mines right at 7050 if I remember correctly but will double check.

I just use the Stihl Carb tool :) Have to look into doing the muffler.

In my 10 years of landscaping, ive only used the br600's and echo 403t. I like the br600 a lot, but i want to try something knew. In the past 5 years of working with my brother-in-law part time, we've had 2 blow up. One was the new version and one was the older version. We want to go to a true 2 stroke design.... Like the 580bts.

I think the br600 scours really good for only pushing 712cfm at 201mph. When comparing the br600 to the 580bts,that should mean that the 580bts should be just as good with the "scouring" as the br600, cuz the 580bts is at 206mph. If im use to how the br600 scours, then i wont know what im missing out on by not getting the 570bts, right?

Not a lot of experience with backpacks. I usually buy Stihl when i put them out in our system. We have good dealer support that is important to us. However, our dealer made a price on a Echo 580 that I bought for myself and I have been pleased with what I got for the dollars.

I have a BR600 and it is a nice machine (especially for 50 bucks :msp_flapper:), but I have a love/hate relationship with the 4-mix engines. They are awesome when working well, but seem to be quirky all the time.

If it was my money, I would go with a Redmax. I've tried one and it seemed more powerful than my BR600.
I have the BR 600 I did a slight muffler mod on and adjusted the valves recently my neighbor has the red max and mine takes care of wet leaves better than his

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bought a Echo 580T,removed the base gasket and gutted the restricted EPA muffler, readjusted the carb and this BP runs 10 times better with more air volume.

My br600 is a couple of years old now and has seen more time pushing snow than leaves. It is the most reliable starting machine I have ever used. Even in 0 degree weather it will pop off in one or two pulls.
I'm a big fan of the br600 but after all this husky/red max talk, I'm curious to check them out.

Latest posts

Back