What's the best BS sales pitch you ever got from a dealer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just like the title says, If you have any funny stories about dealings with dealers or sellers put them up for people to get a chuckle out of it lol. Even if its something you overheard a dealer telling another customer. :)

A jonsered rep telling me that loggers know the diffrence between huskys and jonsereds put when i put him on the spot that was all he could come up with 3 times 'loggers know the diffrence' ,lol must be smarter than the sales reps:monkey:

I bought a new truck a couple months back. He asked if I wanted to trade my other truck in and I told him I wasn't interested. He kept asking so I let him look at it. The truck only has 44K miles on it. He gives me a line of BS that the seat cushions are wore out and it will cost 500 dollars to replace it plus another 500 to clean the undercarriage. I told him from the get go I was going to sell it knowing I would get low balled by a dealer, but this guy really pissed me off coming up with this BS. Anyone replace their seat cushions every 44K miles?
Does your gut rub on the steering wheel, or do you look like the guy in your avatar? If so then I can maybe see worn out seat cushions. If not then your truck dealer is FOS. LOL:)

Bought a little Stihl for the g/f, the guy starts telling me, without me saying a word, all about the "great new caps" on the saw. I couldn't take it, I was like "Listen buddy, I remember when they came out with these useless caps, why the would fork up a good thing is beyond me.....amd so on"

At the time I had falling pants on, linesman boots, a Stanfield shirt, I didn't look like some weekend warrior, I couldn't believe it, of all the stupid things to say. Same store was selling caulks for 34 cents each, when up the highway they were 19 cents, more markup than selling drugs, sheesh.

I bought a 4X4 GMC truck of the lot back in '99, about two months after I bought the thing it had a musty smell coming from the passenger side area that got real bad on hot days. Come to find out it had a leak around were the heater/air conditioner lines ran into the cab soaking the carpet and the underlay, anyhow I took it into the dealer to show them , so they booked it for service could'nt find any problem with it, I said did you spray any water on the firewall that's were its coming through, The service manager told me that it was'nt a driving condition so its not a problem as far as He could see!:jawdrop: I Flipped I said you mean to tell me I payed $30,000 something for a 4X4 truck that I can't drive through a water puddle with! I could have choked the SOB! To make a long story short I had to take it to another dealer to get the repair taken care of ! I think I called that service manager everything but the Pope!:censored: The salesman that sold it to me was a pushover He just lapped up everything the service manager told him. I swore I would never darken the door of that dealership again!:mad:

Last edited:
That kind of talk 'round here will get ya smacked.:sword: Flippy caps are the stuff!

Pack a lunch then, your hands are weak from not screwing them on, thats why they made them flippy ain't it, limp wristed folks getting in to treework? Lol.:greenchainsaw:

I'm sure none of you believe this only happens with the saw trade, so I hope. I've witnessed many things over the years but, this one really takes the cake. How about, "If you want to shoot cheaper ammo out of your 45-70 Marlin 1895 lever gun, just use 45 Colt ammo. Just like a .22 short in a Long Rifle chamber." Nice receipt for disaster and could most certainly cause death or injury. Idiot sales staff comes in all areas, shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, being old school, I still believe the onus belongs to a great extent, to the uneducated buyer.

BigBore All I can say is:jawdrop: What Flip'in idiot told you that one! I'd of said o.k. let me see you do it!:censored:

I was in a gun shop a few years back gabbing with the owner, this guy walks in slaps his 20 guage pump on the counter, says you got a barrel to fit this thing, The owner looks it over, The end looked like an egg beater, Me and the owner looked at each other? Guy goes My buddy got some mud in the end of the barrel and could'nt get it out, so he loader her up and pulled the trigger!:dizzy: I go yup that will do it , good way to kill yourself! He never said a word I never thought someone could be that stupid or careless.:censored:

Last edited:
BigBore All I can say is:jawdrop: What Flip'in idiot told you that one! I'd of said o.k. let me see you do it!:censored:

I only witnessed it, standing behind the perspective buyer. Suffice it to say, all hell broke loose and the buyer did not make the purchase because of me, which I'm very glad of to this day. It was at a Ba$$ Pro shop locally whom sells firearms.

Pack a lunch then, your hands are weak from not screwing them on, thats why they made them flippy ain't it, limp wristed folks getting in to treework? Lol.:greenchainsaw:

I beg to differ. However, I see your point! :cheers:
LOL!!!

I only witnessed it, standing behind the perspective buyer. Suffice it to say, all hell broke loose and the buyer did not make the purchase because of me, which I'm very glad of to this day. It was at a Ba$$ Pro shop locally whom sells firearms.

:clap: Good job! Probably saved a life or at the least an injury! Not to mention the owners gun.
I would have repped ya but I'm out of ammo.:cheers:
Sorry for getting off topic.

Last edited:
......... so he loader her up and pulled the trigger!:dizzy: I go yup that will do it , good way to kill yourself! He never said a word I never thought someone could be that stupid or careless.:censored:

Never ceases to amaze you does it? IMHO, it's the worst in the gun trades. Everyone that can pull a trigger thinks they are an expert. Unfortunately, they can kill themselves and even worse, innocents with nary a warning. I tried to rep you also, thanks. However, it seems I'm impotent at the moment also!
LOL!!

Sorry to digress into the firearms scenario, at the moment, I thought it relevant.

Back