What's the current favorite lightweight bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugg.... the stihl light weight bar I have isn't lighter then the tsumara I have. I really like my sugi bar. Had that the longest and it's been fantastic. Really couldn't go wrong with any of them. I typically just see which one I can get the cheapest. I did have a niggle about one of the noses that was kinda wanky to replace but I can't for the life of me remember which it was.

All four bars you mention are good bars and their lightweight 28" variants seem to stop the tip diving for the ground when the saw is at rest.
Tried to buy a D009 light bar in 28" couple of days ago- got told 10 week wait on backorder, Sugi Hara could be longer. 28's are the most popular bar length for forestry over here now it would seem.
Could not get a 28 in Husqvarna colours, so ordered a genuine Tsumura instead- should be here early in the coming week.
The Stihl light bars stand up to heavy and hard work well- but guessing the asking price is "up there" over your side of the Pacific as well? Perhaps not as much as the Cannon bars, but up there none the less.

Sugi. Stays rigid starting the cut with a longer bar, my Stihl light bars jump around. I think they look good too, and I found they oil better without having to drill them out. It does feel heavier than a Stihl bar of the same length but I haven’t weighed them so that might just be in my head

Attachments

• 4798278D-9C27-4819-B398-84FB42F4D0BB.jpeg
    4798278D-9C27-4819-B398-84FB42F4D0BB.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • BDE75C71-73BA-46D9-A993-E320B453B10B.jpeg
    BDE75C71-73BA-46D9-A993-E320B453B10B.jpeg
    7.4 MB · Views: 5
I'm partial to the Stihl lightweights...I've got them in 25, 28, 32, and 36". They are a bit "whippier" than a standard bar, but I don't seem to have an issue with them. I've also got a 28" Sugihara light for my 372xp...I like that bar too, but wish I had just run a Stihl bar with adapters, as the Husky runs a special 93dl chain on the 28...I have a plethora of 91dl loops that I could've run.

I'm partial to the Stihl lightweights...I've got them in 25, 28, 32, and 36". They are a bit "whippier" than a standard bar, but I don't seem to have an issue with them. I've also got a 28" Sugihara light for my 372xp...I like that bar too, but wish I had just run a Stihl bar with adapters, as the Husky runs a special 93dl chain on the 28...I have a plethora of 91dl loops that I could've run.
Whippier is a good word for it. They are great in the cut but whip around a bit when you first line your cut up. Only happens when the bar is horizontal while falling.

My only 28” Sugi bar is husky mount, I also wish I had just got a Stihl mount so I could run it on whatever. I might modify it.

Called around to several Stihl dealers looking for a 28" lightweight bar. I was told that lightweight bars are unobtanium right now, and to just get whatever I can.

That in mind, I ordered a Tsumura bar online. It's what's available.
I like the Tsumura bars…I run a standard 20” and a light weight 36” and have had no problems…

there was a guy on eBay selling light bars with a chain and shipping for reasonable cost, givin the current economic conditions….

I like the Tsumura bars…I run a standard 20” and a light weight 36” and have had no problems…

there was a guy on eBay selling light bars with a chain and shipping for reasonable cost, givin the current economic conditions….

I checked eBay, didn't see anything I liked.

Saw came with a 32" bar and chain, which isn't enough of a difference from 28" to be worth keeping, so I'll probably sell it. If I come across a smoking good deal on a 36" bar and skip chain, I might grab it. Not a priority though, it's not the kind of thing I'm ever likely to need.

Think Oregon Reduced weight bar is the light weight champ , but does have it draw backs, but great in bucking large diameter wood for long periods of time , supposedly being redesigned Tsumura great quality for sure to .

Attachments

• 1EBAD216-73DF-4C72-AC38-92C1DEC11B28.jpeg
    1EBAD216-73DF-4C72-AC38-92C1DEC11B28.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • 9E3490E9-88A5-4E3C-987E-DDDAD5045E1C.jpeg
    9E3490E9-88A5-4E3C-987E-DDDAD5045E1C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Think Oregon Reduced weight bar is the light weight champ , but does have it draw backs, but great in bucking large diameter wood for long periods of time , supposedly being redesigned Tsumura great quality for sure to .
Forgot to mention Cannon Duralight is a bad arse bar for sure !!

The Stihl lightweight bars are the lightest on the market right now. I have a 20”, 25”, and a 28”. I want another 28” to run on my 6401/7900 hybrid but waiting on more stock to come in. Haven’t run any other lightweight bars as of yet but I’m thinking I may give a cannon duralight a try.

The Stihl lightweight bars are the lightest on the market right now. I have a 20”, 25”, and a 28”. I want another 28” to run on my 6401/7900 hybrid but waiting on more stock to come in. Haven’t run any other lightweight bars as of yet but I’m thinking I may give a cannon duralight a try.
Those Duralight are pricey but ya get what ya pay for and superior quality .

Those Duralight are pricey but ya get what ya pay for and superior quality .
Agreed. I’ve been wanting to pick up a few of the regular superbars but nothing is available right now. I’d like a 20” superbar for my 545 Mark II but no dice. Also like a 24” for my 266XP. Seems like we’re all playing the waiting game these days.

Latest posts

Back