Whats the first NEW chainsaw you ever purchased?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1996 Stihl 034. Been a great saw. I was always envious of Dad's 026 though, as it had the side chain tensioner and was such a mean little saw. Now I've got an 044 and a 660, but I've got an eye on a new 260 Pro here in the next few months.

My first saw was a Stihl 36 I bought used (9 yrs ago) of a guy who bought it new and used it for 10 mins, it was to heavy for him. I just bought a New Husy 395. got it a week ago, used it a few time,. Two very different saws. But love them both..:)

Jeff

First one was a Craftsman 46cc in 1995, then a Pro Mac 610 in 2000, just bought a Husqvarna 455 Rancher last month. The Craftsman and Mac are still running, havent fired up the Husky yet.

First chain saw my Dad and i purchased was a Reed Prince made in Worcester,MA. Real heavy saw. Second was a Mall 2MG which I still have and it runs.

Bought a pair of Jonsereds 70Es in 1981.
At that time the plan was to put them on
a chainsaw mill. Only ran the pair together
a few times, but had a smaller mill that one
would run while the other felled the trees.
They are both still running. Just bought
a Dolmar P5100s, just because it had been
a while.:greenchainsaw:

Husky model 36 , That saw sold me on husky Got it so hot once i had to put it down cuttin mesquite fer bbq qood .. still would have it, someone stole it ...

Echo CS-315 & CS-750EVL

Bought a CS-315 & CS-750EVL in 1978 that i use all the time. Was the first new saws i ever bought and will probable never replace them. Dave

262 Xpg

My first new saw was a Husky 262 XPG. I still have it and it's by far the best aw I have ever owned, running both Stihl and Huskys.

/Peter

My first saw, actually my first gas powered tool, was a Husqvarna 350.

I love the saw, just wished I'd gotten the 353. I want it to last forever.

I bought my first new saw 1999 or 2000 I can't remember. It was a Stihl 021 with a 16 inch bar (wish I went with a 14 inch bar). I still have it and it runs excellent. I cut a lot of firewood with this saw! Next new saw in going to be a Husqvarna 353 with a 16 inch bar!

18 years in the industry,still yet to buy my first new 1.First new saw ever used was the early model 335xpt from husky.(Got it new when with another company but i didnt buy it untill it was over a year old,however i still own it as my soon to be go-ped motor)

First new saw was a Husky 51 back in '96, used it as therapy after my divorce. I sold the product of my therapy for gas, bar oil, and chain money. I ended up selling it when I needed some quick cash. Then came the 55... sold that one when I moved out of the woods back to civilization. It wasn't even good and broken in yet. Then came the 346xp, which I've burned up once and rebuilt.
Now long live the MS361.

Ian

First saw was a Poulan 110. Problems with it. Threw it away, glad I found this site. Trying to justify a better saw for 5 cords/winter is difficult.

kentuckydiesel said:
Here is my First saw, just as I got it, used. My grandfather still had the case, a homelite gas can, the adjustment tool, two homelite sparkplugs in original packaging, and a ton of homelite oil after all those years. -Phillip

My dad has the same saw, has seen LOTS of logging and firewood with that saw. Great shape still, probably 90%. has a tiny crack on the chain adjuster side, , under the adjuster nut. (anybody got a solution for that?)

i keep begging him to give me the saw, he does'nt use it anymore,but....dad aint parting with it just yet... :)

Poulan Super25AV - was a heck of a top handle sw- used it when I was pro...number two was a Husky 394XP- still running like a scalded dog for 10 years...

For what is't worth, first BRAND NEW saw, was an 18" McCullough Mac Cat 18, got it for small jobs around the yard back then. Still fire it up occasionally for small stuff, just for fun.

Latest posts

Back