Whats the first NEW chainsaw you ever purchased?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a salesman 1st job at stihl dealership and it was an o25. Best little trim saw I ever owned.

Stihl 011AVT, bought new in 1987, and works great today. Felled and limbed three 24" pinons with it yesterday. This saw has paid for itself many times over!

My first new saw was a Mac 3214 about 12-13 years ago. Ended up with 3 or 4 of them. They were great "semi-disposable" saws. I wouldn't mind another if I hadn't gotten spoiled by "non-disposable" saws.

McCulloch Mac 140. I was 14 years old working part time at a hardware store and they were having a end of year warehouse clearance sale. It was only a powerhead which had been sitting around for a year or so in the warehouse and covered in dust. I bought it after it had sat on the clearance sale table and no one wanted it. I still have it today (after 26 years) and it runs and cuts well.

Husky 77 on a recommendation from the loggers I worked with- bought in 1979 for 495.00. Still runs great and I am always looking for a spare 77.

Back