What's the most impressive saw you've ever run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moody

For me on just wow factor it's a toss up between Mr.Fluffy (576xp by Stumpy) and Princess (385xp by treemonkey). I mean holy wow they were fun:jawdrop::chainsawguy:

My buddy's Olympik. I can't remember the model number, he said is was a 6 cube. It is on my bench for storage or use until such a time he may ever need it back. I haven't used it in a couple years. I don't think there is anything spectacular about it except for its engine size, and the 36" bar that is on it. It only gets used when absolutely needed because of the heft. No mods to it that I know about.

stock. I've run a lot of modded saws, all impressive, but you expect them to be. Bone stock the 8500/5400/5200 and 7900 thrill me. The 441 and 576 bologna saws are a close second.

Stock saw's that really impressed me were 7900/2172 were great. But a saw that I was really impressed with was the 555. It wasn't the speed it was the overall comfort and decent power. I just wasn't expecting a whole lot from the AT feature but it was so smoothe.

LeonardandJohnRiffee030.jpg

'Nuff said...

i think the 562xp is the most impressive bone stock saw out there but soon when released it would be the saw with no name that i cant talk about yet

Probably pretty mild compared to what's really out there but so far it's been the Shindaiwa 757, or my step dad's Stihl. I think it was an 045.

i think the 562xp is the most impressive bone stock saw out there but soon when released it would be the saw with no name that i cant talk about yet

I got to run a 562xp this week end at a demo days at local dealer. It is the most impressive saw that I have ran stock. I am going to run some ported saws in april. I am going to leave most of mine home so I have some time to run some ported saws At HEDGEFEST APRIL6TH 2013.

Let's hear it for Lombards.

Of all my old magnesium the one that impressed me the most is my first Lombard AP-42 type.

I expected it to be just another heavy old turd as no one had hardly mentioned them on the forum.

Pulling a 20" bar with 3/8" it spins way up and makes a small snow storm of chips. :D

For example, it would eat a Pioneer P-41's lunch.

I got to run a 562xp this week end at a demo days at local dealer. It is the most impressive saw that I have ran stock. I am going to run some ported saws in april. I am going to leave most of mine home so I have some time to run some ported saws At HEDGEFEST APRIL6TH 2013.

Me too! I loved how they ran.

SEZAO... simply because of how much it exceeded my expectations. One of these days I'll get around to porting one.
When I expect to be impressed, I'm usually not...

Bill

Last edited:
The 562xp is by far the most impressive stock saw I've ever run.

Modded, it would have to be my 75cc 365 by Stumpy.

I am only a firewood hack with little experience with saws and only running a few different ones, but I could not believe how impressed I was the first time I fired up and cut with the 550xp. Hard to believe something so light can have so much power.

Latest posts

Back