Whats the one saw that you will never get rid of

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
and why?

Be honest now. If its a mini mac, say so and tell us why.
Got a really good deal
Got you out of a scrape
Sentimental reasons
Lets hear it

Mine is my John deere 55v. The farmer I worked for when I was a kid bought one. It was the first big saw I ever ran and the first one with a/v.
Man, I thought that was some saw.
I know, I know, its not big. But when you go from an old worn out pioneer 1073 to that, when you're 14 years old, it seemed HUGE!!!!!
LOL

That saw got destroyed in a john deere tractor vs. john deere chainsaw battle and I never laid eyes on another one for a long time.
Then a couple of years ago I spied one in a local classified ad.
Damn near cut the wheel studs off my old truck getting to the guys house.
Saw was in really good shape, must have been on a shelf for 30 years or so.......

I know its only an echo, but I like it.
Starts on two yanks everytime, good a/v,.....gonna bury me with this saw.

Last edited:
This Super 250, it is the only chainsaw that I have left from my logging adventures. It saw it's last real use in second growth Redwoods.
Ad40FUEL.jpg

This Super 250, it is the only chainsaw that I have left from my logging adventures. It saw it's last real use in second growth Redwoods.
Ad40FUEL.jpg
Rumor has it Randy that you were kind of rough on your saws. LOL. That's a dam fine looking S250. How did it survive?

Rumor has it Randy that you were kind of rough on your saws. LOL. That's a dam fine looking S250. How did it survive?

LOL
I had a period of time where I was rough on equipment, I saw the welder weekly. This chainsaw was one of my last, it didn't see the abuse that others endured. It has maybe 400 hours on it.

The 371. First saw I split cases and rebuilt and it's a hell of a chainsaw. Can't see myself ever parting with it unless maybe I give it to my boy when He's 30 or so (He's 5 now and I'm 30).

236.jpg

238.jpg

207.jpg

205.jpg

Last edited:
Stihl 460. It's got plenty of power for 99% of what I do, isn't too heavy, easy to work on and parts are cheap/plentiful.
If I climbed trees more, it would be the 200T.

I've gotten rid of about a dozen saws the last couple of years. I'm left with an 026, 034 and a 440. I'd have a hard time parting with any of them. I guess I'd say the 440 as it was my first complete rebuild.

But why ????? There's got to be some good stories out there.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Stihl 028 was the first saw I ever bought, I sold it after I found the 028 super I have now...I can't say I wouldn't sell it though, but I doubt if anyone would pay me what I want. :dizzy:

Gee Chris, that`s a real hard question, I only have a couple saws, well a couple and a few or whatever. I guess my late dads 600 Pioneer will stay with me for ever or until I can no longer pick it up.
Pioneerguy600

I only have 3 saws , nothing special,a 372 xp , 346xp ,and Ms 044 . If I had to keep only one ,it'd be the 044 . I'm not knocking the XP's ,as they are very capable saws . I'm just so very comfortable with the way the 044 feels and works .

Last edited:
My MS 200T, 026, MS361, 066 Red light., With these 4 saws I can do anything I need to do. All the rest are merchandise to sell.

Gee Chris, that`s a real hard question, I only have a couple saws, well a couple and a few or whatever. I guess my late dads 600 Pioneer will stay with me for ever or until I can no longer pick it up.
Pioneerguy600

LOL.
Yes Jerry, by the sound of things, you would have a little harder time than most of us to pick one to keep.
It's nice that you have one of your fathers saws. A nice thing to pass down.

Back