Whats the word on Castrol TTS oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudolphski

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I did a search on it and didn't come up with much. Have any of you guy's used the Castrol full synthetic? I picked up a bottle of TTS to try out. It sounds real good by what they state on the bottle. It exceeds JASO FC and ISO L EGD ratings. It's also made in Italy!:bowdown: I'm trying to find readily available synthetic for the new 359 and have found this in a few bike shops around my area. Heck even Gander Mountain sport center has it. So what do you all think? Should I run this at like 42:1 or 50:1?

G'day.
Never hear too much about this oil, however I did go through a 1 litre bottle of the stuff at one time with no problems at all. Found it was smokeless once the saw warmed up, but is expensive here locally. I've been told that Rotax recommends this oil amongst others for their ultralight engines, although I've never read it myself. Their MSD sheet describes it as "Severely refined petroleum basestock" which may mean it's a hydrocracked oil (not sure)
Price is the reason I don't use the stuff, Mobil synthetic is much cheaper here although it would be cheaper from a Castrol depot I guess. Maybe you could give some feedback after you have used it for a while?

Thanks for the replies PetrolHead and bwalker. I just needed to hear that others have tried and liked the stuff. I will do a report on it after I get a bottle thru the saw. What ratio do you think I should run this stuff at? I see allot of guy's running synthetics at both ends of the field from 32:1 to 100:1.:confused: I was thinking about 42:1 It's nice and even to mix too. 3 oz. to the gal...simple:stupid:

Myself, I run 40:1 and have the saw adjusted a bit on the rich side. 32:1 without a problem if I thought the saw needed it, however I just cut the odd bit of firewood now days, nothing hard.

Latest posts

Back