whats up with baileys ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they are not a Stihl dealer, so not sure what's up.

I was on Baileys site the other night, spent about an hour looking up Husky parts (site is painfully slow for me) and adding to my cart (about $20 worth of small parts). Went to check out and the cart was empty.:msp_mad:

Stopped by the dealer yesterday and bought same parts for $9 and he had them in stock...

I think it's really sad that Stihl tries to hard to squash any sort of online sales. I don't mind going into the local dealer, but they are only open Saturday morning, and are closed by the time I get out of work during the week. :msp_unsure:

it was the only place i could find parts for a fair price an example is 20" stihl ES bar $140 US from a aus dealer , from baileys if memory serves me was about $80US to my door :mad:

I don't agree that it's "sad" they try to squash internet sales, inconvenient maybe, but that's how they've set up their business model. Sales and service flows through local authorized dealers, this allows the dealers to make some money on parts. If they were to allow internet sales to go unchecked they would have a bunch of lowballers all over the net and it would take a sales channel from the dealer. I'm not saying free market competition isn't a good thing, and a company like baileys selling the stuff at inflated prices hurts the local dealer, but where do you stop.

I called them yesterday looking for Stihl .404 chains last week there were pages of of Stihl bars and chain and this week gone, I asked them whats up the lady told me they were probably removed due to sales and also complaints that Stihl parts took to long to be delivered. As I understand they were getting their Stihl parts from closeout dealers. I liked the feature and fully understand keeping the business through dealers but for bars and chain it was nice to order them online.

I called them yesterday looking for Stihl .404 chains last week there were pages of of Stihl bars and chain and this week gone, I asked them whats up the lady told me they were probably removed due to sales and also complaints that Stihl parts took to long to be delivered. As I understand they were getting their Stihl parts from closeout dealers. I liked the feature and fully understand keeping the business through dealers but for bars and chain it was nice to order them online.

+1 and gotta love that avatar

It would be nice if Stihl had a way you could place orders online, and maybe cut your local dealer in on the margin a bit... You can reserve stuff online and go P/U, seems it wouldn't be too hard to sell/ship to a consumer through the Stihl/dealer website.

Personally I'd much rather by local from my dealer(s) than some virtual big-box (dot.com) peddler.

dw

It would be nice if Stihl had a way you could place orders online, and maybe cut your local dealer in on the margin a bit... You can reserve stuff online and go P/U, seems it wouldn't be too hard to sell/ship to a consumer through the Stihl/dealer website.

Personally I'd much rather by local from my dealer(s) than some virtual big-box (dot.com) peddler.

No doubt buying from dealer is always a couple of steps, I have a good one so not so bad and I usually have the part # for him but most people don't even have access to that. Call give him the #'s wait for delivery and then go pick it up, and I live a bit in the pickers so its a drive. A online account through him would be great, request a part # through him, delivered to me, payed through him.. He makes money and I stay home.

I use 2 dealers.

1 is on my way to work, pass it twice a day. All my saws have come from him, but he is not so good on parts, When I asked him about a 8-tooth rim, he had to look into and get back to me.

The other I kind of just discovered. Went in the other day to p/u a loop of RSF and spent an hour there after he "closed" just talking shop. He is a bit out of my way, but went in this morning to tip him about some 1/2" chain DC has for sale on here (he runs an M/C hotsaw I think he said DC built, or worked on or something) and ask about the same 8-tooth rim. He walked in the back grabbed one and said here ya go. Didn't even need to look for a P/N he just knows. Was in the back and bet he has over 100 saws waiting to be refurb'd etc. Has a Contra Lighting just sitting on the floor, and said "yea I got 4 more at home, wnat to buy one". Course I said um, yea I'd love to find one to work on.... :smile2:

dw

Howdy,
The whole Stihl cat and mouse game is a crap snadwich for us, we just try to get as much bread in each bite as we can.
All (except units) of the Stihl product is still available through us. Currently you'll have to call in the order, or put notes in the comments section of a web order, and we'll get back to you with pricing.

Regards
Gregg

Howdy,
There is currently a work around for the Stihl product. There is a "Catalog Quick Order" box on the lower right hand corner of our home page. You have to know your part number to make it work. You have to first enter a quantity. Then enter the number with a "QS" prefix in this sequence QS XXXX XXX XXXX. It will then put it in your cart with price and availability.
Regards
Gregg

thats one of the reasons i'm considering switching to husky.my two local dealers have to order in an airfilter for a 290 aint that there most popular saw?and 25 bucks for it i dont mind paying a little more but thats nuts when i can buy them through my shop at retail for 15.the aftermarket filter has worked just as well.

dw

I dislike going to the dealer near me which is also a John Deere dealership. If I go in there I'm rubbing shoulders at the parts counter with farmers spending huge bucks on equipment. I get the feeling the counter guys would just as soon not waste effort on me.

Latest posts

Back