What's your favorite saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS361. I am not sure which of my 3 I like the best though.
Dang, I only have one 361. However, I now have three 028's and a pair of 026 PRO's. The 361 beats them all by a nose, but that's about it. I'll probably keep the 361 forever, but I hate to give up any of the other five. Stihl should never have discontinued any of them.

Dang, I only have one 361. However, I now have three 028's and a pair of 026 PRO's. The 361 beats them all by a nose, but that's about it. I'll probably keep the 361 forever, but I hate to give up any of the other five. Stihl should never have discontinued any of them.
Truer words were never spoken

Hello all! I'm somewhat new to AS, but I thought I'd add my opinion on this thread. It's not a big beast by any means, but my 55 Rancher has been more reliable for me than a lot of other saws. In fact last year it was the only one I owned at the time and I had 14 cords of firewood to get. It never faltered on me once. I borrowed a couple of other saws, bigger and smaller, from relatives and friends, to try and pick up some of the slack, but none of them would do the work that the ol' Rancher did. It ended up falling and bucking almost all of the wood we got into, and we found some big trees! As you can see from my profile pic and signature, I have more saws now, but that little Rancher will always have a special place in my arsenal.

Yah, I still have two 026 saws. Actually one is an 026/260 hybrid. They put the 1123 saws to shame. I put a 16" Picco B&C on the 026 hybrid last year and for now its my new favorite saw. I have a saw comparison among all my saws every year cutting firewood or falling trees. I run all my saws in the same wood back to back, run fresh gas through them, tune them all, and clean them all up. Every year the 361s win for overall best saw. Ease of use, low vibration, light and nimble, very versatile, good power band, best saws for a wide range of tasks, they always start right up (unless occasionally flooded), they are reliable, and they hold a tune.

Latest posts

Back