What's your knife mines a gerber 97223

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S&W doesn't make knives, they are just rebadged. (That's right from the horse's mouth, my brother is an engineer for them)

No doubt it is a china knife. The John Deere version I have says china on it. They are not bad actually. If I loose it I am not heart broken.

Just got this SOG Trident. So far I like it. Little bigger than what I like for everyday carry
cf0e118873b766b57d866ddaf1100ab4.jpg

I also have the SOG. Used these for years. I hate the safety catch so I removed mine. I especially like how you can reverse the clip for us leftys. Spring assist, so it flicks open very easily. Good steel, too.

No doubt it is a china knife. The John Deere version I have says china on it. They are not bad actually. If I loose it I am not heart broken.

I'll have to ask him. There were a few models that were a good brand for sure. They are sort of the "marketing stuff" category though, like watches, water bottles, bikes, t shirts, etc.

Here are some that are in my desk. Seems I keep getting them as gifts.. The one I carry most is far right, middle.. it was actually stamped John Deere but it is a Smith and Wesson I believe.. Never had I a problem taking a knife with me on holiday while packed in my checked in luggage but i once forgot the pin from a grenade in a pair of trousers and that caused a lock down of sorts. :eek:View attachment 536836
Probably wasn't the pin that caused the problem, it was the grenade it belonged in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Probably wasn't the pin that caused the problem, it was the grenade it belonged in.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

That was the first question they asked. A friends dad has a box full of the rings and pins. I thought to use it as a key ring as they are quite strong.

leather multi.....no telling how many steps it has saved me...and a kershaw leek

I carry the exact same tools! The Leatherman is EDC...I can't go without it. The Leek I keep scary sharp and carry it when I go out. I love how slim the profile is and how easily it deploys. The Sandvik 14c28N steel takes the finest edge I have ever seen.

My EDC is a Leatherman Wingman. I've learned to NEVER leave home without it. If I do, I always regret it. A few weeks ago I left my house and I had no idea that in 2 hours I would be up a 10-foot ladder installing a ceiling fan. Fortunately, I had my Wingman on my belt, which had all the tools I needed to get the job done. That's a little on the extreme end, but it isn't that unusual. Most of the time I find myself using it to tighten screws or nuts, open boxes, etc. but it does get used several times a day.

e97989389d65822b6e46ed00ef97eb05.jpg

Been in my pocket for around 9years or so now carried it in and out of uniform. Probably do for a bit of love from Benchmade though

sent from my electronic leash

I just can't pull the trigger on an expensive knife. I lose them too often. Right now I alternate back and forth between these two, depending on which I can find at the time.285BK.jpg Gerber 432300.jpg

Back when I was young, I had a Boy Scout pocket knife. Made the mistake of having it with me when I went off to army boot camp. Never saw the knife again. They wouldn't even let me ship it home. When I do carry a knife now, it is a swiss army knife.

Back when I was young, I had a Boy Scout pocket knife. Made the mistake of having it with me when I went off to army boot camp. Never saw the knife again. .
I had one too. lost mine at a 4th of july fireworks a few months after I got it in the 80's. I still think about it now and then, damn well made knife.
I should carry one of the dozens of knives I have collected over the years. Some cheap, some expensive, but I Carry utility knives now for work, mine is a kobalt folder I picked up last Christmas for cheap it seems to be holding up well.

IMG_4001.JPG IMG_4009.JPG

For the last two years I've been carrying a BlizeTec. Nothing fancy cost about $35 It's a little bulky in the pocket but I've grown used to it and feel naked without it. It has a mini light with magnet base, a fire starter, seat belt cutter and window breaker...and I've learned the seat belt cutter is a fine bottle opener.

Back