What's your knife mines a gerber 97223

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kershaw leek is probably one of the best values out there. Made in USA, with good steel. What's not to love...

I own 4 of these......2 backups for the backup. I've had the 1st one I bought for like 8 years and it's been back to Kershaw for warranty/repairs TWICE. I'll probably never buy another knife.

Kershaw Ken Onion is my everyday. Had it for 12 years, it's been sent in and replaced twice because the spring assist quit working. Spring assist hasn't worked on this one for quit awhile but not worth the hassle of sending it in.

Had to include my latest knife, Mora Bushcraft Forest. I had never heard of Mora until this summer. They have a very good reputation for making great quality knives at an unbelievable price. I paid $18 for this one on a amazon lightning deal (normally around $25 which is still cheap). I love the rubber grip and the blade seems to be very high quality too. This model is a 3/4 tang. I liked it so much I left my $60 Browning knife at home and used this to gut my deer this year.

Attachments

• Knife.JPG
    Knife.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 25
Just bought a CRKTM16-12Z from the Kittery Trading Post in Maine. Nice lightweight folding knife. Tanto point, opens with a flick of the wrist, double lock release so you can't accidentally close it.

Kershaw Ken Onion is my everyday. Had it for 12 years, it's been sent in and replaced twice because the spring assist quit working. Spring assist hasn't worked on this one for quit awhile but not worth the hassle of sending it in.

Had to include my latest knife, Mora Bushcraft Forest. I had never heard of Mora until this summer. They have a very good reputation for making great quality knives at an unbelievable price. I paid $18 for this one on a amazon lightning deal (normally around $25 which is still cheap). I love the rubber grip and the blade seems to be very high quality too. This model is a 3/4 tang. I liked it so much I left my $60 Browning knife at home and used this to gut my deer this year.
I'm all about buying high quality tools and paying a higher price for them but I've noticed that every now and then you buy something cheap and the quality amazes you.

I have the same Kershaw as my EDC except all black. Great knife!!!

Moras are awesome deals!!!! Another excellent knife!!!!

I picked up the neighbor an Ontario Rat 2 for Christmas.

The Spyderco I got him last Christmas has gone mia. Hopefully it's just misplaced in a recess of the shop.

That served him very well. He was really tough on it.

I think the Rat will be just fine as a work
Pocket knife from everything I read.

Neighbors Rat 2 just showed up. Sweetheart of a knife for the price. It is very smooth and the blade is good and sharp.

ETA - So after handling the Rat 2 for a bit before I wrap it I've decided to order one for myself.

I really like it and it's cheap enough.

image.jpg A couple of knives I really like plus the one I pack on a regular basis. The one on the left is a Ken Onion Kershaw which works pretty good for a cheap knife.​

On the right is a Benchmade auto that was the everyday carry piece of my best buddy..he retired from Army in June and said it was time for it to bring me good luck like it did for him. It was on him through several tours and 25 years of duty

The one in the center is a genuine Stiletto my grandfather brought back fromWWII.

I've got a couple other Benchmades and a few old Case's that find there way into my pocket once in a while also.

20161219_155928.jpg
Buck Vantage Force 845. The pic doesn't show it, but the scales are glass reinforced OD green, not tan. The blade is 420 HC stainless, with a non-reflective stonewash finish, and she's razor sharp.

I carry slip joints, usually a Tony Bose or one I made. Don't care much for the newfangled stuff.

I really want one of the Bose lockback whittlers, just not wanting to come off the $$$.
I did score a Case/Bose Cattaraugus Yukon a couple months ago, pretty cool knife (that I'll never use lol). I'll post it up in a bit.

Latest posts

Back