What's your truck saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your beater/truck/camp saw

• Echo

• Stihl

• Husqvarna

• Poulan

• Pioneer

• Homelite

• Partner

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got a 460 rancher 24" and a super 25 poulan in one truck. And a poulan 2700 in the other truck

Was the 38cc Earthquakes, but they were all lost to the flood...

Need to start looking around for a cheap saw though to carry around, the quakes were perfect for that, and held up well, but prices for new are now too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have a truck saw...or a truck.

But if I pack things just right, I can fit my boots, chaps, helmet, saw gear bag, and two 346xp in the trunk of the car. And they said sports cars were impractical! Ha!!!
I used to tow my 5x8 trailer with my 98 cavalier. face cord and half. Dont think it wss ment for that but it acually towed quite well

My current truck saw is a 460 stihl. It changes all the time though. Usually what I find at the end of driveways during spring cleanup lol my truck saw is my firewood saw as well. All around beater that owes me nothing but pays for itself over and over again [emoji4]

Stihl 026 in one truck, Poulan 5020 in the other.
Stihl MS211 and Husq 562, on the Gator.

I like my little Dolmar ps 421 as an all around take everywhere saw. But would be very upset if it where stolen.

I don't carry anything in my truck, but my normal go to saw for most anything is my craftsman/poulan 2000. Anything bigger than what can't be done with that saw, I use the 029/039. I wouldn't mind having a bigger saw, but just don't have the funds right now.

I have to say my 295 (4620) poulan is my favorite truck saw. I was using my husky 350, but the little poulan is lighter and just flat out screams. The 46cc poulan with a good muffler mod is just a nice little saw. Although the side chain adjuster on the 350 is convenient.
Had a 5020 poulan but it was to close in size and weight to my 272 or 372, so it doesn't get used much. Makes a good saw for a less experienced helper to use though.

Steven

Latest posts

Back