When is it time for a new chain? Sharpening techniques?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrogL said:
Buying a generic chain (or anything else for that matter) from Canadian tire is starting to scare me

Apparently not enough. I had planned to drive to the west end to a saw shop but I was low on gas so I went over to Canadian Tire to see what they had. Another poster on this thread mentioned Oregon brand chains. Canadian tire didn't stock any 14" chains. They did have an Oregon 16" chain and bar combo kit (100984L) that said it would fit a Makita DCS340. I talked it over with one of the staff members and she said it should fit on a DCS34. It pretty much cleaned me out so I couldn't afford a file kit.

I took the old bar and chain off the saw, cleaned all the old sawdust out and put the new bar and chain on and tightened it up (following the instructions) and fired it up and it ran perfectly. It was kinda late so I didn't bother cutting anything. I'll try that tomorrow. I also borrowed $10 from ex-wife so I could pick up the sharpening kit.

Gypo Logger said:
They're really just enablers when it comes right down to it. :blob2:
John

John, I believe the correct term is FACILITATING. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lobo said:
John, I believe the correct term is FACILITATING. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Lobo, you're correct, Facilitating sounds politicaly correct, while enabling sound sorta disfunctional.
Actualy I have a few dysfunctional saws that need some facilitating though. :blob2:
John

Damo said:
(What does LMAO mean) ?? Dare I ask.

You should have asked, "BTW, what does LMAO mean?"

That's, "By the way, what does..." etc.

:D

I found a pretty complete list of online abbreviations here AFAIK, it's about the most complete list anywhere.

YMMV.

:D

Back