When will we get light sabers for tree cutting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softdown

There is only Ingsoc.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just watched Star Wars The Force Awakens again. Watching those huge trees fall due to the incidental swing of a light saber made my chain saws seem, well, inadequate. Why buy and maintain antiquated chain saws? When will the light sabers be here?

Attachments

• light saber.gif
    light saber.gif
    777.1 KB · Views: 9
They're still working out glitches in the power controls. Some dube at the test facility cut the ankles off 212 sheep in a pasture a quarter mile away. OSHA won't sign off on full production and distribution until they figure out how to protect elementary schools near logging shows.

And this. No wonder I am deeply sceptical. Nothing was ever real.

View attachment 968412
Oh the x-ray vision thing is real. Sort of. Remember the Sony "Night Shot" fiasco? The recall cost them millions. If one added an IR lens filter (950nm?) and used the night shot IR feature in daylight, it could see through clothes. Thin layers, like bathing suits anyway. Some TV station in Japan took one to a local pool and the results were, um, revealing.

Funny you should ask. I have a close friend who is now retired for the Lawrence Livermore Lab that I asked similar question. I asked if it was feasible to use a laser to trim the top or cut down a tree, He said it would take an enormous amount of electrical power not portable power, Unfortunately not possible at this time. My friend had a lot of experience with lasers. Ne also said, if you could it would also set the tree on fire. Oh well!

Funny you should ask. I have a close friend who is now retired for the Lawrence Livermore Lab that I asked similar question. I asked if it was feasible to use a laser to trim the top or cut down a tree, He said it would take an enormous amount of electrical power not portable power, Unfortunately not possible at this time. My friend had a lot of experience with lasers. Ne also said, if you could it would also set the tree on fire. Oh well!
The amount of power needed would be absolutely incredible.

In flight,, the issue is not as much the thermal lane,, but, it is more of a thermal layer issue.
The SR-71 and the Concorde have already had that issue.

Just because the SR-71 is a souped up hotrod plane,, its flight height is difficult to discern.
The Concorde thinks the SR-71 is flying RIGHT at it,, while the SR-71 is 13,000 feet higher.

Some kid will chrome the flight deviation attenuators on his flying car,, EVERYONE around him will crash,,,,

Back