Where are all the old timers???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old posters never die,
They just lose their _______.:cheers:

Hey, who has the time to sit for hours every day ? Plenty of great info here, but after awhile the posts begin to repeat, like a bad doughnut. :spam: Give the new people the day. Gee willikers, we might learn something new.

It's called passing the torch...

I try and help when I can, but most of the time it is exhausting to read the same mind numbing questions repeatedly. I check in once a day, or every other day, and read about 5 threads in the 2 or 3 pages of posts that are new everyday! I like building saws, and enjoy discussing the details surrounding that. I am sick of the LAME-O MS361 Stihl - it is not 'all that' like everyone is convinced. It is a nice saw, but not the best. The same goes for the oil threads, the gas threads, the links to eBay, etc.

Heck, you seem to be one of the folks whose posts I read. Its not how long you been here, it is how good your posts and info are.
Brad, that's a quote worth reading. Today I burned a bunch of firewood in my cast iron stove, all dry as a bone, and I heated most of the house with it. Just about all of it was cut with my Echo 3900 that everyone here trashes because Stihl or Husky never made it. Who cares? It helped me heat my house and performed flawlessly while I brought in 13 cords of wood in 2008.

It ain't the brand of saw you are using that counts. It's the saw and the man running it that do.

I troll three forums. Here of course,corvette forum, kawasaki Z1. seems all three foums have same rotation of old timers and new members and same old questions. However with winter around the corner most will come out and join the fun....:)

I troll three forums. Here of course,corvette forum, kawasaki Z1. seems all three foums have same rotation of old timers and new members and same old questions. However with winter around the corner most will come out and join the fun....:)

Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
Nice thread idea to poll what other interests and sites we troll.

Me start:
Sailing/Cruising
AS--Saws, Wood heating
HearthNet
TrumpetHerald--playing
"O" sites--Orienteering, Mountain Running
Moutaineering and Climbing
How to Win Friends and Influence People sites :cry: :)
Others that will bore you to H.

Well I am here now so if you have any questions lets have I don't have all day. :biggrinbounce2:

I say to hell wtih those old guys lets make room for more girls. :clap:

I have been here for more than a year, but I don't post much. I'd rather just read if I have nothing to add. Alot of banter on here, and the same old newbie questions. We were all a newbie to saws at one time..... With plenty of questions. Sure is nice to have a read on here, though. I learn alot from other peoples experiences just by checking in. Always enjoy your posts, Brad.

Gonna be 2 years in Feb...I was a member before my current handle....the site has changed and evolved so much over the years. A lot of people didn't like the change, so they rolled out. The influx of no nothing newbies has been a drag too. It seems they can only comment on which saw to buy or which is better, but when someone comes on here and asks for tech help, they are passed up. I am sick of the posts that can be solved by a search here or a little investigation on internet.

I will be the first to say that I am not an elite poster, but try to provide good info on the subject. I think this site could really turn around with more pics and video, just think how much nicer posts with pics are. I am definitely lacking in that department lately.

Gonna be 2 years in Feb...I was a member before my current handle....the site has changed and evolved so much over the years. A lot of people didn't like the change, so they rolled out. The influx of no nothing newbies has been a drag too. It seems they can only comment on which saw to buy or which is better, but when someone comes on here and asks for tech help, they are passed up. I am sick of the posts that can be solved by a search here or a little investigation on internet.

I will be the first to say that I am not an elite poster, but try to provide good info on the subject. I think this site could really turn around with more pics and video, just think how much nicer posts with pics are. I am definitely lacking in that department lately.
Well....i just started a new thread tonight WITH pics! lol Onlu one reply though. Finally 'got er done'.

Those guys were before my time:cry: . I'm talking about a lot of regulars from the last couple of years. I haven't seen it like this in the last two years. I look down the lost of posters and hardly know a person there.

Latest posts

Back