Where are all the old timers???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The so called "Good ol' days" and some of the "Old timers" were a pain in the ass... too much name callin', finger pointin', b1tchin' and whinin'... I don't miss alot of that junk that went on.

There are some members I miss only because of their knowledge of saws, loggin', and cuttin'... some have moved on, others now lurk, more than post... there are some that I could care less if they ever come back here...

Forums always go through ebbs and floods of members and topics. Just the way they work... Nothin' bad... just happens.

Gary

I come here because it's something new, I like learning and reading, I could hang out on weld/fab sites and give advice but I've already learned alot of that it wouldn't be any fun. I enjoy my new tax free hobby (cutting firewood) and screwing around in this site. I have never enjoyed chainsaws as much as I have this past couple years.:cheers:
That mirrors my experience with past hobbies (computers, knives/sharpening, etc...)

I've been running saws to gather wood on hunting trips since I was probably about six years old, but this year I've developed a fascination with small engines in general and chainsaws in particular. The information available here and my Dolmar 5100 are probably mostly responsible for that.

Edit: To you people who hate repetitive newbie questions: I originally registered to be able to use the forum search function. Of course I'll still probably ask a stupid question once or twice. :cheers:

Last edited:
The so called "Good ol' days" and some of the "Old timers" were a pain in the ass... too much name callin', finger pointin', b1tchin' and whinin'... I don't miss alot of that junk that went on.

There are some members I miss only because of their knowledge of saws, loggin', and cuttin'... some have moved on, others now lurk, more than post... there are some that I could care less if they ever come back here...

Forums always go through ebbs and floods of members and topics. Just the way they work... Nothin' bad... just happens.

Gary

Hi Gary!!!

:agree2:

Oh yeah..... Hi Ultra
wavey.gif

I'll check the site out several times a day but only post when it is interesting
I don't really mind the newbie questions gotta start somewhere!

I'n not an old times but I have been absent for months. I started reading the forum again a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a ton of newbie posts and the same old questions rehashed for the umteenth time.

Gypo had good entertaining posts, I remember the low-buck port mod he did, or uh, tried to do :) . I don't miss the hotsaw pissing matches.

Well, some guys like Gypo Logger were banned.

I feel like an old phart on this list now. And I am a new guy. :givebeer:

I have been here longer than the Snellerizer too.

Last edited:
Gypo could never be called "right in the head" for sure. But he sure was fun to have aound.
The "builder wars" was done before it started. And even more boring to read.
Some of the "answer guys" got tired of having to answer all the time I would assume.
I tire of seeing three threads of the same topic at the same time on the first page of new posts.
"Which saw should I buy?" with no options is always nice.
I am all for helping, but I am finding even myslef intolerant of people unable to use the search function for simple answers. Or unwilling to use it to get and idea of what might work for them.
Sorry, rant over.

Howdy Folks

I'm not really an old timer either. I have been putting in to many hours at work like many of you. I still get on every once in a while but I mostly just read.

I always like the threads where someone has a problem and everyone pull together and helps them fix it. Its what I always enjoyed most about the site.

v/r

Mike

I think there are/were true "old timers" on this forum who have tons of knowledge and experience in the industry (and post counts to match) be it either woodsmen or techs. There are others who, without the massive post counts, are highly respected. Brad has restored more saws this year than most of us will do in a lifetime.

There are others here that are legends "in their own minds"; who like to think they are "old timers". They are usually the ones who get perturbed by redundant questions. If the question seems too simplistic for your "higher state of being", then let the newer guys have a shot at it. They're glad to share their newfound knowledge.

It is appropriate to remind someone to use the search feature, but don't make them feel like they interrupted your golf game.

At his repeated request!

.......here's to hoping he doesn't catch a cold.:cheers:

attachment.php
...........................................Gypo looking for golfballs.................................................

:ices_rofl: Hey lookie, now the MODS are posting photos of Gypo!

I would know that butt anywhere. ...and yah, I was there when he was banned. Again.

The only question on AS that I have lately is:

Which photo of Gypo Logger should I buy? :monkey:
And what oil should I use?

Last edited:
I think there are/were true "old timers" on this forum who have tons of knowledge and experience in the industry (and post counts to match) be it either woodsmen or techs. There are others who, without the massive post counts, are highly respected. Brad has restored more saws this year than most of us will do in a lifetime.

There are others here that are legends "in their own minds"; who like to think they are "old timers". They are usually the ones who get perturbed by redundant questions. If the question seems too simplistic for your "higher state of being", then let the newer guys have a shot at it. They're glad to share their newfound knowledge.

It is appropriate to remind someone to use the search feature, but don't make them feel like they interrupted your golf game.

Well said and appreciated. Plus, no pants needed.

Latest posts

Back