Where do you store your saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProMac1K

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Where do you all keep your saws at for storage? I'm getting to the point where I have no workbenches left in the shop, and really have no room on the floor either. I've got two tractors and a car and truck in it right now. I'm thinking maybe the basement floor is my next best option, as I would like to keep them in a heated environment, but it would be somewhat of an inconvenience to keep them there.

Post pictures or describe where you store your saws.

After the thread posted here a little while back about not leaving saws on the cement floor, I went to Lowe's and bought some heavy duty plastic shelving for all of them. I have 70+ saws on these shelves now and they don't take up tons of space.

After the thread posted here a little while back about not leaving saws on the cement floor, I went to Lowe's and bought some heavy duty plastic shelving for all of them. I have 70+ saws on these shelves now and they don't take up tons of space.

Post some pics of all these saws!!!!

I have seen people hang them from the rafters but mine are 10ft high and that would suck to get a ladder everytime I wanted to run one. But I store mine right now on the bench.

I dig my dogs in the garage wall and let them hang, i only have two work saws though.

I had to build a 12'x12' building to put all my parts and saws in. It would be nice if it was twice the size.

take a 4x4 post and nail it to the wall. plunge the bar through parallel to the wall. stick your saw in and let it hang. and each hole can be exact for the saw it holds. space them about a foot apart

Where do you all keep your saws at for storage? I'm getting to the point where I have no workbenches left in the shop, and really have no room on the floor either. I've got two tractors and a car and truck in it right now. I'm thinking maybe the basement floor is my next best option, as I would like to keep them in a heated environment, but it would be somewhat of an inconvenience to keep them there.

Post pictures or describe where you store your saws.

Just got the work saws, so they live in the saw rack in the back of the truck when not in my hands- Sam

@ stinkbait, the concrete has a tendency to eat and corrode the mag over the years.

Just put a sheet of plywood under them.

Close to the ground in a basement is bad though, unless it's really really really dry, because generally there's condensation occurring at floor surface.

i keep mine on my basement floor in the winter, it kinda sucks because i go down to load the wood burner up a couple times a day, and i want to start them up every time i walk by. I give in about once a week..:greenchainsaw:
attachment.php

Where do you all keep your saws at for storage?

Of course I keep my saws with me in bed! :hmm3grin2orange: :p

Without jocking and talking about saw storage, can I hang vertically my saws in a hook from the handle or from the bar? What are the disadvantages? Anyone of you store your saws hanging?

store ,saws,nope. one on the skidder, one on the landing,one in the woods , one on the quad, one in log truck,one in truck toolbox. there at work no need to store them. on the weekend they usually get a good cleaning and then back to the truck ready to go to woods on mondays.:greenchainsaw::greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Lateral file cabinet. Saws on the top (3 per shelf) all the chemicals and chains on the bottom. $40 lockable storage on craigslist.

Locked in the garage with a cable lock through their handles so they don't walk away.

in the tool box of my truck which is locked all the time even when im in the tree. During the winter once things really slow down ill bring them upstairs in my barn and keep them on the wooden floor or on my so called poker table. i start them up 2-3 times a week. ill let them warm up for 3-5 minutes and then make cookies of a few smaller logs just to run them then cookies go into the wood stove when my buddies come over just to hang. Im working on making a shelf for them but i only have 3 so its not that big of a deal for now.

I keep mine in the house....

ALWAYS! I will not take a chance on losing it!!!!! If I left it outside the house and found it gone I would only be able to blame myself. My splitter also gets stored inside....:jawdrop::dizzy::clap: Pain in the butt to get it out sometimes....will probably be harder now with that HUGE beam on there.:dizzy:

Latest posts

Back