Which 35 hp Briggs for SC252?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defensiblespace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm about to upgrade my sc252 to the 35 horse Briggs, but there are several options. Do I want the 1-1/8" or the 1-7/16" and how long of a shaft? Tried finding this in the list of upgrades thread, but looked through all the pages and didn't find it.

If your 252 is/as equipped with the Kohler Command Pro 25 HP, the shaft should be 1.437 " ( 1- 7/16") D x 4.453" L......Before I ordered my replacement Kohler 34hp , I double -checked by measuring the original output shaft...

If your 252 is/as equipped with the Kohler Command Pro 25 HP, the shaft should be 1.437 " ( 1- 7/16") D x 4.453" L......Before I ordered my replacement Kohler 34hp , I double -checked by measuring the original output shaft...
you went with another kohler??? have you had good luck with them?

pro94: I had excellent service out of the original 25hp Kohler on my 252...14 yrs/2120 hrs... It just was tired,needed a rebuild, and most of all ,I wanted a bit more power..... My local Vermeer dealer had/got any part I needed and at a reasonable cost...
I'm on my own with this 34 ,but everything I should need is online...... I'm 73 now and if this one lasts 14 yrs...I'll only be 87 !!!!! So when this Kohler poops out most likely I will too..

Latest posts

Back