Which acquisition-merger made the biggest positive impact on husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Husqvarna sees the other saw companies as their competitors. They don’t seem to nurture the other companies like they should. They dropped jred with there bigger cc lineup. There looking at the Poulan, zenoah saws in the big box stores. The bottomline profits.

We all laughed at stuff from Japan decades ago. Wait for China and some other countries get on board. No newer saws from Russia yet.

I think Husqvarna sees the other saw companies as their competitors. They don’t seem to nurture the other companies like they should. They dropped jred with there bigger cc lineup. There looking at the Poulan, zenoah saws in the big box stores. The bottomline profits.

We all laughed at stuff from Japan decades ago. Wait for China and some other countries get on board. No newer saws from Russia yet.
I’m with you it seems like a lot of stuff husqvarna is coming out with recently has a Zenoah engine. It would be interesting to know which saws they rebadged. China is into saws already kinda with Tanaka and mayruama….but who cares…plus all the low grade garbage made for various manufacturers.

the bottom line in any company (especially if it has more than 1000 employees) is profits is it not?
Husqvarna was always going to be the top dog in Electrolux and still top dog when it split. (No pun intended-lol) They said it was for many many years.
In Canada as a whole, Jonsered never caught on, only Quebec and eastern provinces- and that I think was partly because of distributor set ups across Canada in which even Stihls lack lustre distributor helped the Johnny sales in Quebec in the early 80’s. When Husky dropped the 162 in favour of the 266(with some teething issue) Jonsered 630 sales jumped through the roof (as it was a 162 underneath)
The distribution is a big factor if a brand thrives, small independents could not give the support (ie parts) that national or factory distribution can.
I remember going to Sweden and touring plant In 80’s. All three brands on floor being assembled (hq, Jon, partner) side by side, yet the engineers were all separate. You had hq engineers in this section of building, partner down the hall, etc. And they all did not talk to each other or share unless they had to or needed too. ( almost like GM I guess) I’m sure someone came in and said this is not profitable.
But like all large companies, they buy others to get rid of competition even if company has little value like jubo. pioneer for that fact only had p35 in their pocket and it’s not really revolutionary when I look at mine- but the large p series were still selling and may have wanted to increase Partner sales in North America In combining the two, as the small p saws were well past expiration.
I could be wrong on some aspects though I will admit.

I wonder how a chainsaw made in Iran would run? Would it be gas or nuclear powered? Thanks Dems.

A lot of vary valid points but in reality there is not much of a market left for pro saws almost all the cut and skid operations are gone.There isnt much timber left to cut here in Canada the paper mill is running full bore with a couple of hundred employees running on worn out equipment making a fortune as never before as it is selling its electric power generated from its hog fuel boiler which is suppossed to burn saw dust and scrap but it gets fed a lot nicer wood than that.There was 6000 men in this mill at one time and thousands more in their bush camps and they made fortunes back then.The wood is all supplied by contractors and with the huge increase in lumber prices since covid no raise for the wood supplied by the contractor.The paper companies are sending contractors in to cut tiny patches of immature wood 20 cords here 10 cords 5 miles up the road.they are chipping stuff the size of a small limb.I see loads of logs heading to the saw mill. Pecker poles when I was cut skid they would have culled the whole load and that was for pulp if you tried to sell saw logs you needed really big wood not now.
The mill can not get trades men because they dont pay enough and their CEOs who probably make a bigger salary than the whole mill force claim they are broke due to the cost of mill labor.
Kash

Latest posts

Back