Which clutch to mount 015L on FS151?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTIspirit

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Long story, but 17 years ago our 015L saw was stolen, the one that powered our FS151 brushcutter. We couldn't find a replacement at the time but kept the FS151 brushcutter shaft assembly hoping to stumble across an 015. With the internet I recently decided to acquire an 015L saw for the FS151. The replacement FS151 manual that Stihl kindly sent me very cryptically says "Replacing the centrifugal clutch The standard clutch without lining of the saw 015 must be exchanged against the enclosed clutch." What does this mean? Which clutch do I need?

The picture shows a Quickstop clutch, which does have a lining on the shoe, being removed because that's which clutch the tool is used on. Do I just need the "Standard clutch" with shoes and springs? (The FS151 is in storage at my Uncle's, so I can't figure this out now.)

Thanks

if the 151 is anything like my FS150 i rigged mine up with an 009 clutch after misplacing my clutch years ago. works like a charm but is not the ideal setup by a long shot. if it matches the drum properly it should work.

Back