Which one of you guys is this????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be the safety police on this one..........

When my son is 6 yrs old, no way is he gonna be cutting with a stance like that right inline with the saw................seriously, way too young and not adept/trained right to do the task at hand.

I am sure his father will be proud as hes holding his boys artery, trying to save him from bleeding out in his arms.

My seven cents, as a father and a veteran

That is insane, if that saw kicks back or the kid stumbles he doesn't have the strength or coordination to deal with it.

:angry::msp_mad:

No different than putting a youngster on a 4-wheeler or dirt-bike.

I like it! He has obviously been shown how to run the saw safely, and that chain looks to be a low kickback chain that has been detuned.

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks rather "complacent out there" to me.

Your little bump on the head obviously didn't knock any sense into it.

That kid is a tragedy waiting to happen on so many levels it's embarrassing to watch.

But maybe ya oughta ask him about his helmet.

Sheesh, dude.

I think we got us a future woodsman here. :msp_thumbup:

I think he'll be just fine, but his father should slow down it's not a race !

Kickback.. Geezz I hope not.

Seriously though, I wish him well, his father is proud but take it down a few notches :blob2:

No different than putting a youngster on a 4-wheeler or dirt-bike.

I like it! He has obviously been shown how to run the saw safely, and that chain looks to be a low kickback chain that has been detuned.

I don't want to start a war with you piggybore, but Im not sure how you see a low kick back chain there. We can assume that a ms170 has a low kick back but you really SEE it? And I dunno, my 7 year old daughter has been ridding her lt80 suzuki since she was 4. Wife, MIL, Sisters they all thought I was crazy/stupid. Guess what she is 7 now and can out ride her mom, my older nephews. I don't think Im going to let her operate a chainsaw untill she is 16. She likes stacking the wood, and watching me split it. But I dunno man, there is just a difference. She has a 10/22 and can shoot awesome, go-kart, four wheeler that she drives the wheels off of, just NO chain saw. just my 2 cents. I think its the thought of - She has flipped her four wheeler, bruise on her knee and thigh scratch on her helmet. If she has a accident with the chainsaw, she'll bleed to death in my car as I race to the ER. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN EVER! ok ok 4 cents.

That kid handled that saw better than I have seen adults that have been cutting for many years.

I wish them the best in this. The kids looks comfortable running it and does not appear to be forced to be doing it.

I really doubt the dad had him out there cutting for hours. Looks to me he is having fun.

It is dangerous no doubt and I would be fairly certain dad has explained things to him and shown him how to properly run it. Heeck the kid even is a throttle blipper while waiting for dad to relocate the log.

I had my son 10 yrs old run my 5105 this fall with me watching very carefully by his side. He made some cuts and did great and we were done. He liked it but I didn't push him to do it. I asked him if he wanted to try it and he wanted to.

At 6 my son would not have been ready for that. But from the video this kid clearly is operating it without struggle it seems to me.

We know its not Troll, he would tell the kid 346 or bust...

STIHL ms 171 youngets STIHL user 6 years - YouTube

I cant believe how much better his technique is than some grown men I know...

that being said, I think the guy is out of his mind...

when i was that age, i was given a poulan 2000 top handle and got told dont get hurt. if i wasnt helpig cut, it was carry and split time.

For those who were in support of the saw boy, you will see where I hit the like button. No sissy's where I grew up among woodsmen. There kids were cutting, shooting, riding four wheelers, had their own dogs. I am not saying don't protect kids, but those who overprotect do more damage. He had all the proper safety gear on, and I would bet safety chain too. Would I have him run a 066 with full skip no, but I was shooting a 22 at that age, and not a 30-06 get my point. Start him small and work him up, the younger the better. Obviousilly he is comfortabale, and good at it. There is plenty more dangerous things a child could be doing at that age. I think to each his own, but I agree it was a controlled environment. Just like when I was shooting at that age it wasn't by myself, or in town!

For those who were in support of the saw boy, you will see where I hit the like button. No sissy's where I grew up among woodsmen. There kids were cutting, shooting, riding four wheelers, had their own dogs. I am not saying don't protect kids, but those who overprotect do more damage. He had all the proper safety gear on, and I would bet safety chain too. Would I have him run a 066 with full skip no, but I was shooting a 22 at that age, and not a 30-06 get my point. Start him small and work him up, the younger the better. Obviousilly he is comfortabale, and good at it. There is plenty more dangerous things a child could be doing at that age. I think to each his own, but I agree it was a controlled environment. Just like when I was shooting at that age it wasn't by myself, or in town!

Since you brought it up.....

6 yr old using 660 Stihl Chainsaw - YouTube

I'd rather see this than a kid sitting at home after school with no parents around. Dad is spending quality time with him and he's doing fine. I don't see any problems with this.

Yep, we must be of similar cloth, and raised in a similar fashion. Too many pants ####ters today!

i was raised to learn how to work. i got tought young that life sucks. it costs money and you dont make anything of yourself sitting around. only hardwork will get you anywhere. all of my family has burnt wood for years and ever since i was old enough to help carry wood, i have. and learned on a small saw and worked my way up. its the only way one can learn. the things i learned young has helped me in the long run and i dont make near the stupid mistakes other guys my age do.

I'd rather see this than a kid sitting at home after school with no parents around. Dad is spending quality time with him and he's doing fine. I don't see any problems with this.

of course you dont...dont you have a saw to go buy?:msp_mellow:

Back