which one would you keep and why?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl_fan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a small dilemma. I stopped by my stihl dealer on the way home tonight and he told me of a cust who brought in a trashed Stihl TS760 and wanted it fixed or another one asap. He told the cust about one I had the cust said he wanted it if he could talk me out of it. Here's where the problem starts, He told me to pick a saw off the shelf. I already have a 660, 440, 036 pro, and a couple of 260 pros. I have read so much about the 361 I said that one and he grabbed it handed it to me and said its yours. Now I don't know what to do. I have a REAL nice 036 pro with very little use on it. I normally use the 440 when bucking firewood so the 036 is rarely brought out. I really like the 036, so do I sell the 361 and keep my 036 or vise versa? I know everyone loves the 361 but before I fuel up the 361 I want to make sure I will notice the difference between the two. What would you do and why? Keeping both is not an option because I already have enough saws and can only run one at a time. Thanks in advance.
attachment.php

I'd keep the 361, Its brand new. Besides, the way everybody is talking about 2010, it might be the right time. The Mayan chainsaw calender seems to end on 12-31-09.

Put the 361 back in the box and shelf it until the 036 dies, then you are ready to run for another 10 years!

Or box it up and send it to me and I will keep it warm and tuned for you?

with the current economy the way it is, you probably won't get a good price for either one.

since you don't use the 036 much now, you probably won't use the 361 much either.

I say keep the 036. No sense keeping a new saw on the shelf collecting dust if an older one will hold the shelf down just fine.

Like I said the 036 is in very good shape and runs like a champ. Thus the dilemma, "If it aint broke don't fix it". I only traded him because I knew I would get better use out of the chainsaw because I have 2 demo saws still. I knew I could sell a chainsaw easier than a demo saw also. I would have took $450 for my ts760 so I guess I'm ahead. Sometimes new is not always better. I have read praises on the 361 but is it really THAT much better than a nice 036? Thanks for your replies

I had a 036 and have a 361 in the classifieds for sale, the power isn't much of a difference. I say put the 361 on ebay and keep the 036, a new 361 on the bay will bring some good money.

It looks like the going rate for a clean 036 pro on eBay is close to what the 361 is. I may keep the 361 and sell the 036. How will the 361 compare to my 440 for bucking. To me its hard to beat the power weight ratio of the 440. After a couple hours of bucking with a lighter saw with similar power it may be nice to have around. After reading some of the adds on eBay some seem to think the 036 is more powerful than the 361. Anyone have both that could compare performance. thanks

How about sending me the 361, i'll send you an MS360 and then your 036 will have somewhat of a twin to hold the other end of the shelf down and just think, it'll be balanced too.

I have a small dilemma. ................. He told me to pick a saw off the shelf. I already have a 660, 440, 036 pro, and a couple of 260 pros. I have read so much about the 361 I said that one and he grabbed it handed it to me and said its yours................

You picked the 361?

Well I sure would not have done that. It makes no difference what you currently have. If a guy offered me a F650 or a F350 I sure would not take the F350 just because I already have the F650.

As long as both of you are happy it is a good deal/trade.

Bill

You picked the 361?

Well I sure would not have done that. It makes no difference what you currently have. If a guy offered me a F650 or a F350 I sure would not take the F350 just because I already have the F650.

As long as both of you are happy it is a good deal/trade.

Bill

He wasn't going to GIVE me a 660 or 880. He knew what I was wanting for mine and said his cost on the 361 was around $480. I could have gotten credit toward a bigger saw but then I am in the same situation. I have the bases covered already with the stihl line up. I just figured I would try a 361 and knew if I decided to sell it it would be easier to sell a chainsaw than a concrete saw.

Latest posts

Back