Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's probably just the way you come across in the words you type. Bet it would be very different in person.

Might be better to say; The most gains I can find in the 550 are with a MM. Others may or may not be getting more gains than I am able to from porting.

That's basically what i said:confused:

No, you left out the 'I' and ignored the gains others have gotten. This is the rub...

Sometimes our thoughts are not transmitted to the words we type. :msp_smile:

No, you left out the 'I' and ignored the gains others have gotten. This is the rub...

Sometimes our thoughts are not transmitted to the words we type. :msp_smile:

I understand what you're saying. However, everything I say is so scrutinized and critiqued, that I can't even voice my own opinion without someone crying fowl. So i have to preface EVERYTHING I say with a disclaimer that is my opinion and not voted on? Seriously!

Randy, what did I do wrong in this thread? The man asked a question, I gave my opinion. You disagreed and took it down hill from there.

I'll answer that. With your post you diminish the work done by others by only drawing from your experience and not taking into account the success of others.

I was always told "Stand up for what you believe,even if you stand alone." And "You can agree with some of the people all of the time,and you can agree with all the people some of the time, but you NEVER agree with all the people all the time."

I'll answer that. With your post you diminish the work done by others by only drawing from your experience and not taking into account the success of others.

Ok, I can understand that. Again, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. None of our saw have been compared to prove this either way. No one has shown a 550 that was stronger than a 346. I know how my 346 and 261 stack up. I know that my 550 was right on their heals. I know that must of the gains on my 550 were from the MM. Therefore my opinion, is that the 550 is not with a $250 port job.

I was always told "Stand up for what you believe,even if you stand alone." And "You can agree with some of the people all of the time,and you can agree with all the people some of the time, but you NEVER agree with all the people all the time."

That's all well and good, but if you believe 2+2=5 eventually you need to re-evaluate your beliefs.

Ok, I can understand that. Again, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. None of our saw have been compared to prove this either way. No one has shown a 550 that was stronger than a 346. I know how my 346 and 261 stack up. I know that my 550 was right on their heals. I know that must of the gains on my 550 were from the MM. Therefore my opinion, is that the 550 is not with a $250 port job.

Re-read this Brad...
It should say "My 550 port job is not worth $250.00"
"YET"

So get to work...

Last edited:
I don't think Brad was knowingly trying to diminish the work done by others.I have know Brad a few years now and have had work done by him and know he does have his opinion on things.I know every time I have called him on the phone he always has the time to answer all my questions and help me with anything.I think Brad is a very upstanding guy that does very good work.I think sometimes the words you type don't express what you really mean and have in your head.I don't have the gift of gab so it happens to me a lot and I probably should not post at all but I don't give a rats behind what others think:hmm3grin2orange:I think over the years Brad has taken a lot of crap and has handled it very well.

I have to go and get some more :popcorn:

OH; and posting old post from someone showing how wrong they are can get you in trouble with the mod's. Like Si Robertson would say "That's a fact"

JMO

I have to go and get some more :popcorn:

OH; and posting old post from someone showing how wrong they are can get you in trouble with the mod's. Like Si Robertson would say "That's a fact"

JMO

I welcome any and all moderation due to me.

Does anyone know if part #537107801 clutch cover will fit my new NE346xp "top dog of the 50cc class":hmm3grin2orange: I am getting part #537107803 for the orange cover and part #537107804 for the silver cover.

One last thing and I'm done here for awhile.

I've yet to see a MS261 that beats a 346XP in timed cuts over the cant.

Does that mean that saw ain't worth porting either? :msp_unsure:

One last thing and I'm done here for awhile.

I've yet to see a MS261 that beats a 346XP in timed cuts over the cant.

Does that mean that saw ain't worth porting either? :msp_unsure:

id rather have a worksaw i can lean on then cuts fast cookies ........

I
I know you have sent a lot of work my way. I assumed you did that because you knew I would do the best work I could and that the customer would be happy with it. If you think I've changed my work habits then by all means please tell everyone to steer clear of me and my work. But if it's just that I hurt your ego........well then that would again show how self serving you can be.
I didn't mean to ignore this, Randy. Absolutely, I sent you the work because I knew you'd do a great job AND because I've considered you a great friend.

Back