Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats good to hear.I can't wait to get mine back and run it.The neighbor 1/4 down stopped by today and said I could cut 6 big red oaks next to the road and the 359 is going to be my main tool.I do have to leave him one in a pile not split:clap:

If I were looking to run a modern 60cc saw it would be a 359. I ran a few EHP 359's and they were strong, as was the saw Brad had.:cheers:

Ok boys.... Lets see if this will start a fight.... What is the BEST combo for these saws, 2159, 2156, 359, 357?? Is it 359 cyl with 357 stuffers, no replacement for displacement! Is it just 357 all the way? What would get you the most BANG for your time given you would port these saws as well?

Ok boys.... Lets see if this will start a fight.... What is the BEST combo for these saws, 2159, 2156, 359, 357?? Is it 359 cyl with 357 stuffers, no replacement for displacement! Is it just 357 all the way? What would get you the most BANG for your time given you would port these saws as well?
I would like to know to.I was told by a couple builders that porting a 357/2156 would gain more than porting a 2159/359 because of there cylinder design.And porting a 359/2159 with a 357/2156 top end would gain more than just porting a stock 2159/359.

Last edited:
You can't find an easier jug to port than a 359.

Opening up the muffler and a good tune helps more than the porting.

Just remember;

"you can always take more out, easier than putting it back"

You can't find an easier jug to port than a 359.

Opening up the muffler and a good tune helps more than the porting.

Just remember;

"you can always take more out, easier than putting it back"
Got to disagree.Opening up the muffler gives you a gain of 10% to 15% depending on who you talk to.With a muffler mod and porting you get much more.On my last 359 I ran it with a muffler mod for awhile then had Brad port it over three years ago and the difference was night and day.

If you were going to get a 50cc saw old or new ported which one would you choose?

Just saying,

Because it's ported, does not mean you gain every time.

You can go backwards. A general statement like. "which is best to get ported" is assuming you get gains?

I would rather hear which is best stock eh?

Rekon one mans port could be another's Starboard.

Just saying,

Because it's ported, does not mean you gain every time.

You can go backwards. A general statement like. "which is best to get ported" is assuming you get gains?

I would rather hear which is best stock eh?

Rekon one mans port could be another's Starboard.

True,if ported you do not gain every time if someone on crack does the porting.One mans port could be another mans right side of a ship?Which is best stock is OK but I don't run stock saws.And if by"you" you mean you so be it.Maybe I should have said "is the 346 the best 50cc saw to get ported" which would be less general.Are you saying if I send a saw to one of the sponsor porters on this site for porting the gains from there porting will be a toss up?I rekon I don't know what you are saying.You can go backwards but I think if I sent my 359 to like Randy it would be full steam ahead.Oh yeah,where is Brad we need 20 more pages of reading.

Latest posts

Back