Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highly likely. The one that I built had less than .04 squish stock.

I don't remember the numbers, but I do remember having to use .015 gasket paper to give it enough squish after I removed the stock gasket.

I went back and checked my notes. The stock squish was .024 and the base gasket was .017". Losing the base gasket on that build would have left a squish of .007". I don't think that's enough..;)

I went back and checked my notes. The stock squish was .024 and the base gasket was .017". Losing the base gasket on that build would have left a squish of .007". I don't think that's enough..;)

Depends on the builder. :bang:

Strongest 60cc saw I've ran.. Have to be the ol squeaky 350 ;) Warning: That 350 tends to ruin people... Just saying.

That sounds safe, but isn't it a bit more than really needed?

Guess it depends on how tight the slug fits the jug.

Piston skirts do wear, add in the rocking and the expansion, guess better safe than sorry.

I have an old 6800 that was set at .016, runs great, but seems to run hot?

Not if the saw is running 180PSI...

Or 200psi.

I've been adding some squish lately to see how the engine behaves with a high compression ratio and a more open squish area. Let's just say I like this concept. :msp_sneaky:

Or 200psi.

I've been adding some squish lately to see how the engine behaves with a high compression ratio and a more open squish area. Let's just say I like this concept. :msp_sneaky:

Especially on larger saws... ~.025 is tight enough...
But I set a little DCS520i at .019 and it's happy there.

Or 200psi.

The shape of the combustion chamber is very important and higher psi = higher temps.I don't want a cookie cutter I want a high torque high speed woods port that is dependable.I got wood to cut,what am I doing here:confused2:

If you have .025 squish @ zero rpm;what is it @ 14,000 rpm? I believe you will get better flame travel & more complete combustion by opening up the squish. As long as you maintain the same compression ; if the saw dosen't run better ( which it will ) it will get better fuel economy. I am basing this on four stroke race engines. Steve

Flat top.

Done quite a bit of cuttin yesterday and then split several hours with my x27. Must say the 2153 you built me is tied with the 288 as the most impressive saw I have ever run. The 2153 makes me feel like a Jedi with a light saber.

Latest posts

Back