Which small saw, and advice on 2-3 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw would you prefer for limbing?

• 16" bar on your Stihl MS-261 (50cc) and stop being a baby

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Stihl MS-241 with 16" bar

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Stihl MS-241 with 14" bar

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Echo CS-361P with 16" bar

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Echo CS-361P with 14" bar

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Echo CS-352 with 16" bar

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Echo CS-352 with 14" bar

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other (specify in a post)

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters
Yah ... I don’t need to “sell” or “peddle” anything my friend ... saws speak for themselves... Now real men can document their exploits ... where’s your video pard ?

Yah ... I don’t need to “sell” or “peddle” anything my friend ... saws speak for themselves... Now real men can document their exploits ... where’s your video pard ?
I'm glad to hear that your not peddling anything this time around.
I've earned the respect of many here, I have nothing to prove :).

Why not get get two or three 372 XP with 24'' and 28'' bars then every one is completely covered. I like a 24'' so I do not have so far to reach or move as much which is much faster than a 16'' bar. Not sure what any one can do do with a 16'' bar. Would a 16'' bar work well on a 372? Thanks
some of us have cut a long time.i can not use a 372 all day . your day is coming dont rush it. small stuff small saw.

some of us have cut a long time.i can not use a 372 all day . your day is coming dont rush it. small stuff small saw.
Ran the 2171 for a good bit today because I wanted to get done quick, last week the ms201cm rear handle and the ported 241 were the weapons of choice.
The lightweight bars and only half filling the tanks on the big saws help a lot lol.
Everything I did today could have been done with a 50(with some knowhow), but would have been better with a 60, and was a lot faster with a 70.

Good to here all is well, at least sort of lol.
If you need a hand getting that wood/cutting it up let me know.
You can also run my ported 241 anytime you'd like.
Thanks Brett. I may take you up on running your 241! I have the Hickory nearly done, & the hand has responded well to the heavy doses of antibiotics which were given. May I ask who ported yours?

Back