Which two stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using klotz rc50 racing oil at about 40:1 smells awsome mixed with some 112 octane race gas, also not too bad priced at $20 a quart. I dont think it gets much better than that combo. I feel better with the 40:1 ratio I use 93 octane non ethy when i can get it. or the race which ever is on my way to a job.

since I had a half bottle of 85:140 from when I change the rear end grease in my truck I have been using it 45:1
Juan Fiddy what are you doing using your rear end grease on your truck?

Hope nobody reading this stuff is paying attention, mix all this stuff together could be a violation of some BATF regulation

It is always amazing to me how people bash Amsoil. Anybody that cares about engine longevity will not bad mouth it if they have given it an honest appraisal. And yes, it does work well at 100:1. I use it at 50:1, but I put lots of miles on saws and other stuff at 100:1. Use what you want, but don't bash a good product when you obviously don't know about it.

Well they make fine products IMHO. However I do have experience with Saber at 100:1 and I can tell you it does work, but not for very long. I have posted my findings on this subject numerous time, 100:1 does not provide proper lubrication. End of story!!

Well they make fine products IMHO. However I do have experience with Saber at 100:1 and I can tell you it does work, but not for very long. I have posted my findings on this subject numerous time, 100:1 does not provide proper lubrication. End of story!!
Yep. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. It's a decent oil at 40-50:1.

I find Wesson oil to have a nice texture and a pleasing aroma when mixed with 89 octane Texaco gas.

With all due respect your wrong. Crisco in 6 month old 89 oct Exxon has a more pleasing scent and revs faster. ;)n

Anyway on a serious note I run Klotz Super Techniplate in most everything except my older stuff which I run Lawn Boy 2 cycle oil. Ive got about 75 cans of it so I got to use it lol.

anyone use lucas semi synthetic? i just got my first saw a used husqvarna 51. i burned through the gas in it so i picked up the lucas havent tried it yet though.
I've been using it for about a year. I buy it by the qt. less than $6 and mix it 32:1 for everything. Have had great luck with it.

It is always amazing to me how people bash Amsoil. Anybody that cares about engine longevity will not bad mouth it if they have given it an honest appraisal. And yes, it does work well at 100:1. I use it at 50:1, but I put lots of miles on saws and other stuff at 100:1. Use what you want, but don't bash a good product when you obviously don't know about it.

I agree, I run amsoil in everything I own minus the daily driver because I'd go broke putting a quart in every 600 miles lol. I use saber at 60:1 in all my premix stuff. My old sled had amsoil interceptor in it the day after the breakin period was over till I sold it. In 6,400 miles it lost 3 lbs of compression and lived through two blown water pump seal. My truck burns less oil then it when it had Mobil 1 in it from the previous owner and the lifters are quieter. My boat smokes less an smells better on amsoil then it did on merc oil. Their grease is awesome too up here in the cold north. I like the koolaid.

I baby my saw so I run equal parts baby oil, 87 oct gas and a bottle cheap hooch in every 5 gal of mix. Makes my stihl run as good as a yard sale wild thing!

Hmmmm not sure if that's good or not, come to think about it...

+1 for the Gary Goo! Lol man its great to be back! I hope I havent missed much in the yr ive been away.

Mixing is messy and complicated. I just spray some WD-40 in the plug hole before each use and run straight pump gas. I bought bel ray, swore I would never buy it again, but once it killed my sense of smell it seems to work fine

Man my first trip into AS in a month and there's another fresh oil thread? At least the hackers couldn't stop AS oil threads.... We need a GD oil forum for pete's sake

It could be worse, another Earthquake saw thread could arise.

Now that would be worse. Praising those piece of crap saws really goes to "cheapen" the forum's intelligence, and integrity. Yeah, earthquakes are that bad.

Back