Which would you rather have for a big saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd take a really strong man to climb with a 3120 and 50 inch bar. I see what your saying too.

I can't tell you how many guys I have let use the saw, only to watch them crumble when they cannot even hold it horizontal long enough to get the cut started. I'm not that big or strong, so I find it amazing that so many fit-looking tree workers can't do it.

The problem for me in the tree wouldn't be toting the saw around where it was needed to do the cuts. It would be doing all the rest of the tree down to where the big saw was needed, and the fact that the saw wouldn't be needed up in the air unless you were chunking it down, probably onto rigging too. I hate chunking and rigging big stuff.

I have run a 660, 880, 395xp and a 3120xp in a tree, the only one I found "unwieldy" was the 88.

It ain't the saw that makes it unwieldy, it is that long bar. The powerhead only weighs around 24lbs, but that 50" bar has leverage over the relatively short distance between the handles on the saw.

I used to have a 24" bar for my 3120; that was FUN running that to buck up a tree.

Latest posts

Back